One of those brewdays.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennisking

Regular.
Reaction score
Ever had one of those brew days where things just seem to go wrong. Started last night, filled the burco and treated the water and noticed a puddle :evil: on further inspection their was a leak from the tap area so started to pour into another vessel. After a few minutes I thought the puddle seemed to be getting bigger then I noticed the tap was open on the second vessel. So the garage floor got an unexpected wash. So this morning started OK, rubber seal on the burco tap had started to perish, feeling please I had replacements available and changed them. Then stood on the plug and bent one of the pins :evil: So changed plug. Boil under way thought I would watch a bit of cricket, wish I hadn't, was gone wrong with England, adding hops at various times, all OK, started cooling, all Ok, started running wort into FV, about half way down I looked to the side and noticed the post boil hops still sitting on the side :evil: Time for a beer I think.

Happens to us all Dennis i filled a corny with beer the once and forgot it left the tap open when i started to force carb the corny i ended up with a wet leg and floor

Done it a couple of times now. Pour in the wort... give it a stir... eh, what's that puddle? Ahhhh ****, quick close the tap!!

Andy... you're a helmet.

Back