Water Boiling Pot with a tap?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gutterpunk60

Reaction score
Been keeping an eye out for one of these for a while, getting a little bit anxious lifting 20 litres of boiling water plus with a tap I could fit a rotating sparge arm too.
Anyone seen any of these below £100? Found a few on ebay but scared Im overkilling by spending to much money
J

Here
Or
Here

You won't go far wrong with these. Make them an offer to get it a bit cheaper. The only question is, is 20l enough for your needs?

You won't go far wrong with these. Make them an offer to get it a bit cheaper. The only question is, is 20l enough for your needs?[/quote]

Good Point! I think my other worry would be if I jump to a 50l will the gas element it sits on in my kitchen buckle and then my wife divorces me!
That means a cast iron set up outside, the amount of money I have spent now I better get brewing to make a return!
:shock:

In fact after looking about on here for 5 minutes instead of being a lazy git it looks like the malt miller is a good shout, the grain is cheap too!
I think I have been throwing a little too much money at BrewUk!

you can get a 40lt buffalo boiler for that ammount if you look around,there is an ebay outlet for nisbett catering where lots of forum users buy from. :cheers:

fermentall said:
you can get a 40lt buffalo boiler for that ammount if you look around,there is an ebay outlet for nisbett catering where lots of forum users buy from. :cheers:
That's what I linked to above. Although they don't have any 40l buffalo's at the mo (and haven't for some time - I have been keeping an eye out for one as a HLT) :thumb:

gutterpunk60 said:
joe1002 said:
You won't go far wrong with these. Make them an offer to get it a bit cheaper. The only question is, is 20l enough for your needs?

Good Point! I think my other worry would be if I jump to a 50l will the gas element it sits on in my kitchen buckle and then my wife divorces me!
That means a cast iron set up outside, the amount of money I have spent now I better get brewing to make a return!
:shock:
The ones I linked are electric, I didn't realise you are after gas :thumb:

Your hob burner may be a bit small for 40-50lt. Best going for an outside gas burner or go electric and sit on the hob to use the extractor.

Stainless steel pots from nordic (here)are the dd's. You will need to cut holes in them with a q-max cutter though, but many on here have done it and fitted kettle elements to them.

Back