11 dj's on the go

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrTr1cks

Reaction score
Well May been dandelion season I've got a dj of dandelion brewing as surprisingly it smells lovely

Also got our first Mead brewing today but my favourite and most eagerly awaited is a Tropical brew made with pineapple high juice and 2 cartons of grapefruit smells fabulous

11 on the go? Well done! Most I've had is 8 and that was more then enough work!

I've made pineapple wine using 1 litre of pineapple juice and 1 litre of white grape juice and it's amazing. Really interested to see what yours comes out like!

What other wines do you have on the go?

I've just got back into this brewing malarkey and I've currently got 7 DJs and one tester on the go :shock:

Strawberry Ribena:
WOW original:
Apple Juice TC that's ended up as a wine because I added 750g sugar!
Blueberry Dancer:
Moleys version of the Raspberryade Lowicz Malina syrup:
TC with ½ litre blueberry
Own recipe (I think) TC "A.B.C." Ade's Blueberry Cider. Double Dose Blueberry Bang Edition!
Coffee 1 litre test batch

With a cupboard full of juices and rhubarb going spare I don't know if I can ever stop :rofl:

All 1 gallon dj's :)

2 x Blackcurrant, 2 x Summer fruits, 2 x Cherry, 1 x Pineapple, 1 x Tropical, 1 x Mead, 1 x Peach, 1 x Dandelion

Ooh I fancy doing another mead :shock:

I used to have a kitchen, but now I have a brewery !!!

It's like a symphony of popping :rofl:
But I must admit seeing the ferment to me is just as interesting if not more so than the final product.

I've got one WOW left to bottle but Mr R has told me I have to stop because we've run out of storage space. :(

So now I'm desperately trying to find beer crates and somewhere in the shed/garage that won't get too hot in the summer.

I think the most demis I've had going at once is 9.
Luckily they didn't all need bottling at the same time...

Currently I have eight DJs on the go (seven full-size and one half-size) but I expect that to be up to fourteen by the end of the year. It would be more, but I only have fifteen DJs.

Feel I need to add mine now! Just bottled 6 DJ's, and got a DJ left of strawberry, raspberry, and lemon. All made from fresh fruit. Already stocking up ready for my next batch (much to the other halfs delight!).

30 djs my god wish had space for that currently 6 djs 3 on the go youngs rose wine kit, apple & red grape and pineapple & passion fruit. the last one has finished fermenting so that's moved to clean dj as a lot of sediment in this one smells nice coming in at 10.9% and smells nice. my first go at home brewing away to a wedding next week for 4 days so once im back I will get another 2 on fancy a sweet peach fizzy wine and fancy raspberry or blackberry wine from diluting juice

I have 11 on the go in the kitchen...with 5 in the "cellar" waiting to bottle now...plus 5 gallons of beer and 5 of TC to bottle in a week or so

I've got 9 Dj's, but as I've just bottled my first TC, I have 7 wines on the go (6 wows and 1 coffee wine which is taking a
pigging age to ferment). I quite like the sound of the pineapple wine, so might have to go shopping next week!

I had 12 demijohns, but lost one when the neck split (thankfully not whilst in use)..

Now that I've started doing a few larger batches as well as the odd trial batch I think I need to obtain and find room for a few more demijohns.

Current status:
5x elderberry two-step (my standard "house red")
1x sloe gin (only 2.5 litres or so)
1x sea buckthorn liqueur (only 1 litre, a new recipe I'm trying - I'm also thinking of doing a WGJ variation of the two-step using sea buckthorn)

That only leaves me 4 free, and I have queued up a 30-bottle Pinot Grigio kit and 24-litres of apple juice for TC - both of which I'd like to start whilst the weather is still reasonably cool. I do have two FVs and a brown pressure barrel.. I'll need to get the second FV into use I think and perhaps make use of the pressure barrel for maturing the TC.

Latest posts

Back