Rescue job?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldbloke

Regular.
Reaction score
Ages ago, not that long after I first got into this game, I tried to make a wine out of (mainly) Lidl grape juice.
It was rub.
But having heard all the "we left it in the cupboard and forgot about it" stories, rather than dump it I stuck it down in a quiet corner the garage.
When it was about a year old it was less bad but not something anybody's choose to drink, so it stayed there.
Today I was hunting for chargers and cables in that bit of the garage coz our new Raspberry Pi arrived, and notcied the airlock had dried out.
Ooops.
Brought it upstairs to the kitchen, expecting it to be ruined, drew off a small sample, and...
Doesn't taste bad, quite acceptable in fact, but a bit thin. Well very thin.
So I'm thinking, it may have escaped due to not being moved and having a slight CO2 cap,or it might be just staring to oxidise. And something needs to be done about how thin it is.
Rack onto Campden and glycerin, then bottle?
I won't waste wine bottles and corks on it, just in case. I have some spirits half bottles, and a load of J2O and Bundaberg bottles I can crown cap. None of them are being saved for anything specific.

Brew up a banana wine and mix them together, it'll sort out the lack of body

Latest posts

Back