New Mangrove Jack yeasts

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anybody tried the new Mangrove Jack dry yeasts? Reading around they seem to have a yeast similar to what Americans call the pacman yeast... a bit like US-05 but with higher attenuation and better floculation. I got myself their Burton yeast, lets see if it's a bit less neutral than my regular Notty! The two references I've seen about it mention pear esters in finished brews.

More info here:
http://mangrovejacks.com/collections/cr ... ies-yeasts

I currently have a TC on the go with their cider yeast

HQKHJ7T.jpg

Started slowly (most likely due to low temp in my kitchen a few days ago) but it's bubbling away happily now.

As soon as I'm back on the AG brewing I fancy trying a few more if them so will be interested in hearing how it turns out.

I have never heard of these yeasts, but after googling realised they are NZ yeasts, which probably explains it. Good luck with them and the results will be interesting. Not sure who stocks them this side of the world.

Yep, same source here. They look ok, feeling a bit silly for not having bought the Pacific North West yeast as I could do with an American style yeast that floculates a bit better than US-05 or WLP-090.

JKaranka said:
Yep, same source here. They look ok, feeling a bit silly for not having bought the Pacific North West yeast as I could do with an American style yeast that floculates a bit better than US-05 or WLP-090.

Try The Malt Miller's own West Coast Style. It's just as clean as US-05 and packs down hard. It's my new "go to" yeast for clean pale styles. :thumb:

After a week the TC has stopped visibly fermenting and gravity is down from 1.064 to around 1.000 so I'm happy with how this yeast has performed so far. Now just need to wait to see how it tastes after some ageing, the trial jar sample was good though!

Back