Cantillon brewery, Brussels

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commsbiff

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just had an excellent little visit to the Cantillon brewery in Brussels :thumb: I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who visits. I've got some pics and info to post when I get home (typing this on mobile).

edit: including pics and info in this post as and when I can edit it in.
Below is: Bags of grain - doh. In the loft.
P1010180.JPG

Below is: The grain crusher in the centre of the pic. It's on the first floor and the grain falls directly into the mash tun below after it has been crushed. I think that's the hot liqour tun on the back right of the pic.
P1010179.JPG

Below is: The mash tun. It's on the ground floor directly under the grain crusher.
P1010176.JPG

Below is: SWMBO :D And more importantly the bottom of the hop boilers. One of them has numbers stuck on it to help with the self-guided tour, this pic is taken on the ground floor.
P1010175.JPG

Below is: The top of the boilers. Back on the first floor.
P1010178.JPG

Below is: The wort cooler!! We're back in the loft and the hot wort is pumped from the boilers to this copper cooler with it's own louvre type air vents to allow the 'natural' brussels air in.
P1010183.JPG

Below is:
P1010187.JPG

Below is:
P1010188.JPG

Indeed, im going to be over there in Feb with the missus. Let me know the details for this brewery and I might give it a good looking at :D

Sorry guys :oops: Here is a start, and I'll edit in some more pics and info to the original post as and when I can.

Great pics, looks like a good tour :thumb:

Cheers, we enjoyed it. My parents have borrowed my bag for their holidays - the bag had my printed tour guide in it and was meant to provide more info to go with the pictures. As I'm old now, I can't remember it all :P

just caught up with this !! looks great hope you enjoyed it - was there a tasting session after :drink:

Yes there was - we got 3 glasses of different beers :) It certainly wasn't what I was expecting! Somehow they let all of the sugars ferment out so you get a very, very dry (almost sour) beer. It took me a bit by surprise, but when I'd settled down I actually quite enjoyed it. SWMBO didn't like hers though :party:

I bought a 75cl bottle to bring back, but when I couldn't find my Dad a pressie I was made to give it to him :cry:

He didn't like it :party:

edit: sorry I haven't been on much recently guys - got lots of other stuff going on at the mo

Latest posts

Back