Newbie saying hello

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadeyedave

Reaction score
Hi
Just saying hello to everyone of these forums; I had been doing a fair bit of extract brewing a couple of years go with great results but somehow fell away from it (no idea why) but just recently have got right back into it when my OH bought me a Coopers Mexican Cerveza kit on impulse and I brewed it up not expecting much but was genuinely pleased with the results. To ease myself back into the whole thing I have a Cooper Australian Pale Ale dry hopped with some Amarillo in the bottle and a Festival Golden Stag in the FV bubbling away nicely with an acquarium heater keeping the temp steady at 23c (cold up here in the north the now); have just added the hops so hopefully will be bottling in ten days or so.
I have also bought myself an extract kit for Proper Job, with Wyeast activator thing which I'm champing at the bit to get going and knowing me will probably do so instead of that really important essay I need to do for my Masters.....beer is much more interesting and important.... Am definitely going to take the plunge into full grain brewing next year and am already looking for a new house with outbuildings etc to accommodate a decent sized workshop....here we go, onwards and upwards, looking forward to all the help and advice I can get, have been very impressed with the camaraderie on here so looking forward to contributing and receiving advice....

Back