Krausen gone.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briffster

Reaction score
Hi all. New to the forum so apologies as this kind of post will have already been asked.
Anyway...I have started my second brew and it's a Woodfordes wherry. Within 24 hours a had a nice krausen on top, between 48-72 it has gone right down to vanishing point. Is this ok??. My first brew has krausen for about a week.
Thanks
Col[emoji481]

Thanks for reply. There are still bubbles coming up. Just seemed quick for the krausen to go. Cheers

It can go quite quickly, if temperature fluctuates a bit it can make it sink quicker. Wherry is best left for two weeks and then for the last three days of the two weeks take a few readings to check it's done.

It can go quite quickly, if temperature fluctuates a bit it can make it sink quicker. Wherry is best left for two weeks and then for the last three days of the two weeks take a few readings to check it's done.

+1

What temp did you ferment at. If you fermented too hot the krausen disappears quickly

Latest posts

Back