#60 Stainless Steel Woven Mesh

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beer taster

Reaction score
Has anyone used this #60 mesh to make a hop stopper? My original one was made out of #30 it was OK until I started doing brews will all pellets, so I've made a new one with #60. I used the #60 today for the first time (no pellets), it filters really well but the run off speed is diabolically slow, almost as slow as my sparging :(
If I have to make another one what is the best for an all pellet brew?

I got to say I think #60 where mash is probably just too fine. I'm looking to build a hot stopper for my new 150L kettle and due to the fact that I use pellets, perhaps not exclusively, I am going to go for a 30 cm in diameter #40 mesh one. Although, with the kettle being nearly 60 cm in diameter a large #60 hop stopper might very well give me a sufficient run off. However, and as I use a gas burner, this is probably not such a good idea.

I built MINE from 40 mesh and it copes with all pellet brews with no problems and the flow is great :thumb:

tubby_shaw said:
I built MINE from 40 mesh and it copes with all pellet brews with no problems and the flow is great :thumb:
Hi TS - I did copy your guide, only difference is all my fittings are stainless. Unfortunately i didn't read the post carefully enough otherwise I would have used #40 mesh :oops: . Looks like I'll be making another one

Latest posts

Back