1st biab (homebrew co kit)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobbyhigo

Reaction score
well a big thanks to everyone on here after 4 coopers brews i stumped up the cash for the homebrew company biab kit with citra ipa.
Added to my order enough grain and hops for 4/5 brews came in at £120 with the members discount well pleased with the kit.
Put the first brew through it yesterday all went really well the peco boiler took 30 mins to get up to72 grains in the bag good mash about covered the boiler in foil insulation had to pop the boiler on for min or so half way had dropped from 69 to 66 but all went well bag out after 1 hour dunk spurged 6 l of 80deg water.
Boil took 40 mins to come should have put lid on really but hay ho bouled well for hour hops in as per inst ang tablet n cooler in for last 10 all good really cool took 40 mins and reading 1062 😃 kit says 1045 does this mean i have got better efficiency than the 75% stated on the kit
Again thanks to the help and info on here not only am i saving a fortune looks like i might be able to make a decent brew aswell

Ah, I am so tempted to get some of the HBC kit! Reading your smooth fast brew day makes me look appraisingly at my kitchen pots and pans, and I've never liked carrying 23l of hot wort upstairs to chill in the bath!

Keep us updated on how the beer turns out!

Cheers

Martin

More than decent. I'm not obsessed with AG for nothing. Having made kits periodically over many years I told a mate I was going to make some beer and he said "don't give me any, I don't want your homebrew." He had occasionally told me how great his mate's home brew was, so I pointed this out, to which he replied his mate is a fantastic brewer and a scientist. I was determined to make one beer that would prove him wrong, so I read up, found a guide to basic stove top AG, and my first brew was a split brew half American PA and half dry stout. I was shocked myself when I tasted them. I didn't give him any, out of respect, but eventually a mutual friend told him my beer was great. So he asked to try it, and was blown away. He then asked me to teach him how to brew AG, and can't believe he can do it too.

Anyhow, your OG difference sounds too good to be true.

would recomend the kit to anyone but picking up some advice in here really helped ie long piece of rope from garage rafters to hoist the bag out
only slight downside was couldnt use the drain tap the hops clogged it up justused a measuring jug and sieve i know you can get things to help but made cleaning out the boiler easy most off the hopps went straight in the wormary happy worms 😃
bubbling away nicely under the stairs for two weeks now cant wait
did the razorback ipa as my last kit so will be a interesting comparison when all done

You can get a false bottom for it from geterbrewed.com that will make life a lot easier.

yeh cheers clibit have seen just if any more brew parcels come in the near future i think devorce papers might soon follow
not a problem but she is not getting half of my brew kit lol

Latest posts

Back