1st fruit juice brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me know how you get on with the new degasser please. I just bodged mines up from a plastic coat hanger, looks bad but it seems to be doing the job.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Meant to ask, did you change the rotation of the drill while degassing? I put mine on high speed until the vortex looks about to start then change direction of the drill.

Yep will let you know.

Yes I was changing the direction. Speed 1 of 9. If I don't get a vortex then I don't get foam of that magnitude.

Mind you - mine have been fermenting for 4 weeks - so probably not a lot of gas left in them!

Maybe that's why you didn't get the head ? I got a bit of a vortex but changed direction at that point.

Meant to ask, did you change the rotation of the drill while degassing? I put mine on high speed until the vortex looks about to start then change direction of the drill.

That is the method i use.

Maybe that's why you didn't get the head ? I got a bit of a vortex but changed direction at that point.

Yes - getting vortex but not allowing it to reach the blades. The one I shook is doing better than the one I drilled to within an inch of its life.

My arms ache after shaking the demijohns for any length of time.

This is my coat hanger degassing wand, i cut the part covered in black off a few months ago as it was a right pain to get into the DJ's.

3333333.jpg

Latest posts

Back