maltmiller pots

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lagerlad

Reaction score
morning all
after another problem brewday using peco boiler decided to take the plunge and go shiny,still gonna BIAB but going to use gas so i was looking at a 50 litre pot from malt miller has anyone got one or know if they are decent quality also do we have a discount code for maltmiller as i will be adding a good few items to my purchase or alternatively recommend other places to buy a quality pot from cheers lagerlad

yes,i too would like to know if there is a discount code for the malt miller as I have my eye on one of their brew pots too,admin?

We sent emails to all companies members suggested in the thread, most said they didn't do them or their prices were as low as they could get them Geterbrewed and the home brew company were the only ones that offered codes then Bridgewater Brewing added theirs - http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64575

Shame about the discount - I just used the Malt Miller for the first time and was very impressed with them. The parcel arrived the day after I placed it but there was a mistake in the order with a pack of hops missing so I gave them a call, they were very apologetic and got the missing item to me the next day. Really great service and decent prices.

well decided to take the plunge and buy a maltmiller 50 litre pot plus burner and gas related stuff will give everyone an up date once i see the quality and have used it as no one seems to have tried them cheers lagerlad

Will be interested in your thoughts, its on my short list :)

The MM might be less of a bargain than some other places but the service is second to none, in my opinion. Rob is extremely helpful and his attention to detail is excellent.

right folks wee update everything arrived from maltmiller in great time,ordered sunday arrived tuesday,they were in touch first thing monday morning to say it would be posted and arrive next day,superb service....got the 50litre pot and the gas set up hob ,regulator and hose and a few other things,very happy with all items, pot and burner look to be of good quality(still not used them yet)but hope to at weekend...first time i have used maltmiller and certainly will not be the last...highly recommended cheers lagerlad

Well had first run on Sunday with the new shiny pot,mashed in my peco indoors then done the boil outside,all seemed to go well took longer than I thought to come to boil but I put that down to the icy Scottish wind that was blawin through(translation later haha)
I think I will have to create protection from the elements for future outdoor brews,shelter of some sort thumbs up for the new gear from the maltmiller though can't fault it or service as stated earlier.
I know its all in the head but I felt a bit more professional and confident with the shiny steel pot......hope the beers turns out ok. Cheers lagerlad

WP_20161210_12_21_07_Pro.jpg

Looks like a great setup lagerlad.

I bought the same Maltmiller pot/tap (its Bergland Branded) and transplanted my 2 x Peco elements from the Peco boiler into the Maltmiller pot. The quality of the pot is very good and service from the Maltmiller as always was second to none. Using leccie rather than gas works for me also.

Totally agree that using stainless steel makes you feel like a pro :smile:

Here is mine:

P1000209.JPG

P1000210.JPG

P1000217.JPG

cheers mate,i only decided to go gas after constant problems with my peco element it heated up ok but would not last the rolling boil without cutting out so kinda got hacked off and was at a stage when i felt i needed to upgrade to a bigger and SHINIER pot that was solid and not flexible when hot but really wanted to stay BIAB with less risk of a boil over....cant wait till next brew lagerlad

cheers mate,i only decided to go gas after constant problems with my peco element it heated up ok but would not last the rolling boil without cutting out so kinda got hacked off and was at a stage when i felt i needed to upgrade to a bigger and SHINIER pot that was solid and not flexible when hot but really wanted to stay BIAB with less risk of a boil over....cant wait till next brew lagerlad

Gas is a good option for a lot of people.

The trouble with buying one shiny is that you start feeling the urge to buy another shiny !

Started looking at my plastic fermentation buckets with disdain :lol:

Gas is a good option for a lot of people.

The trouble with buying one shiny is that you start feeling the urge to buy another shiny !

Started looking at my plastic fermentation buckets with disdain :lol:

Ah not you as well. Having the same problem. You have done a good job on your pot, looks very neat. Did you drill the holes yourself? How do you drain the pot when its on the floor. My pots a cheapo and i think the handles would break if i tried to lift it full.

@Lagerlad Looks great mate, bet your gonna have lots of fun. Do you also lift your pot to drain it?

Ah not you as well. Having the same problem. You have done a good job on your pot, looks very neat. Did you drill the holes yourself? How do you drain the pot when its on the floor. My pots a cheapo and i think the handles would break if i tried to lift it full.

Thanks, cut the holes with a QMax cutter I bought for £15 ish. Easy to use - 38mm (which I bought) does a hole just too small for the Peco elements, so I had to open up the cut holes a little with the drill. Bit of a faff but happy with the end result. Maltmiller will cut 40mm holes for £5 each I think which is easier (obviously).

I suspect the Peco elements ideally need a 39mm hole :doh:

I chill on the floor, well on the pallet, and then lift the pot onto a small garden table to drain into the FV. The pot feels really good quality with very sturdy handles but not sure I would lift 30 lires of boiling hot wort and trust the handles in that case.

Here it is draining after cooling and lifting up onto the table.

P1000218.JPG

yes mate onto a wee table from our ex living room nest of tables that i borrowed one from and left a big white circle on it from hot peco!....i got a table out it tho...downside i had to buy 3 new ones for living room....

I should really boil outside like you guys. The sieve is a good trick for oxygenating, will copy that idea and get another one. Checked my pot and the handles are very flimsy so wont be able to lift it safely. I left a bucket of starsan on a chair and now thats got a white ring on it. Oops.

well decided to take the plunge and buy a maltmiller 50 litre pot plus burner and gas related stuff will give everyone an up date once i see the quality and have used it as no one seems to have tried them cheers lagerlad

Just seen this thread - but I use the MM 50L pot & burner.
I'm 58 brews in and both are still fine.
:thumb:

Back