New to UK

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magicalpanc

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Kon.

I'm new to the UK but not to brewing. Made beer on a home built 10 gallon rig back in Midwestern US, Denver, Colorado.

Left all the stuff at home and now reside in South London. Look forward to brewing, learning, and collaborating :)

Welcome to the forum Magicalpanc (Aka Kon). Your input will help us all brew quality US styles. Are there any good recipes local to Denver, (Or even Colorado), we don't know about here?

Hello!

My name is Kon.

I'm new to the UK but not to brewing. Made beer on a home built 10 gallon rig back in Midwestern US, Denver, Colorado.

Left all the stuff at home and now reside in South London. Look forward to brewing, learning, and collaborating :)

That Sir is impressive, and inspiring

Welcome to the forum and to london :)

Welcome Kon.
Just remember that the US gallon is smaller than the UK gallon and we all use litres and Kilos anyway not pounds and quarts.

Confused, you will be!

PS love your rig, Can't believe you didn't manage to sneak that into your suitcase!

Welcome to the forum Magicalpanc (Aka Kon). Your input will help us all brew quality US styles. Are there any good recipes local to Denver, (Or even Colorado), we don't know about here?

Always plenty of recipes out there. I recommend The Brew Hut They are run by an award winning brewery, The Dry Dock, in Aurora, Colorado. Incredible IPAS and known for their Apricot Blonde- which is quite pleasant!

Welcome to the forum and the UK.

Your build looks amazing, planning something similar over here?

Hah! I've already made my first purchase- a basic RIMS setup sort of like the Brew Dog available in the UK. I have ideas on modifying it to truly make it worth while. I'll post up in another thread or message you when I have it up :)

Welcome Kon.
Just remember that the US gallon is smaller than the UK gallon and we all use litres and Kilos anyway not pounds and quarts.

Confused, you will be!

PS love your rig, Can't believe you didn't manage to sneak that into your suitcase!

Ah, confusing indeed :) I'll more than likely revert back to US measurements from time to time so I don't have to go through my beer recipes scratching my head!

Welcome Kon.

Now hang on a mo. I respect that younger people have got the hang of this new fangled metric system, but some of us are still happy to think in pounds and ounces and pints and gallons. So long as there all imperial ones. Pounds, shillings and pence is still a moot point. :mrgreen::thumb:

Back