Other equipment needed to produce kit wines

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulpj26

Regular.
Reaction score
I've been brewing my own AG ale for a little while and I now fancy having a crack at making up a wine kit. I'm just wondering what extra equipment I'll need to do this?

:cheers:

fermenting bucket for 25ltr kits or demijohns airlocks and bungs
the rest you should have
maybee some campden tabs and stabilisers and if not got any syphon tubes you will need those 2

oh yes and some bottles to put them in after

look on the side of the packet or tin and it should list equipment needed

Start with a 6 bottle kit. Youngs actually do a kit which includes the bottles, but any used screw cap wine bottles will do and cost nothing. Don't just buy a can of concentrate, but a full kit which includes all the neccessary components. This will set you back about £7.50. A 1 gallon glass jar, (a demijohn) is also required, complete with fermentation trap and bored rubber bung which fit the jar. You'll have the rest from beermaking. In my opinion, white wine kits tend to give better results if you are in a hurry. £16 should cover it, which is about what you'd pay for 6 bottles of cheap wine. Thereafter the 6 bottle kits work out about £1.25 per bottle.
There are economies of scale. A 30 bottle kit takes the same time and effort, worlks out about 85p a bottle and lasts almost twice as long!

Latest posts

Back