TC stopped at 1.015

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

needmorstuf

Regular.
Reaction score
started at 1.04 using apple juice with lowicz straberry syrup and didnt ever go mad with fermentation. I used the cider yeast with sweetener off ebay, but only doing 2 x 3 litre batches had to guestimate the amount to use, ended up using 1/2 tsp as didnt want it too sweet. Wondering if adding some more yeast would bring it back to life or best to leave it.

I put it on Monday evening so it has only been going for three days but there is no activity in the airlock.

I had exactly the same thing happen a few years ago with some peach syrup of the very same brand. Couldn't get it going again sorry to say and it was as sweet as a cordial - ended up giving a bottle to a guy at work for his missus to try. There's no accounting for taste but she loved it and I ended up giving her all 20 bottles of the stuff. I didn't try 'restart' yeast but maybe that would help? Yeast is yeast so don't know how that works.

well I "may" have been a little premature.. it's releasing 1 blurp every minute or two.. maybe there's hope for it yet.

hopefully mate, even my quickest TC's have taken at least 6-7 days to get to 1.000

i did 2..

First was 2litres of apple and mango from aldi, 75ml lowicz raspberry and 75ml cranberry - added water to get to 1.04, volume about 3.2l

Second was 2litres of apple, juice from 1 lime and 150ml lowicz strawberry - added water to get to 1.04, volume about 3.2l (may even be a saled down recipe of yours?)

I plan on adding more lowicz for priming

The mango has a ton of sediment, about an inch. Whereas the apple has about 3ml. They are nowhere near starting to clear yet so there is still something going on.

well this was bottled with some extra lowicz for priming and left for about a month, the missus is very happy with the results so I will be doing the strawberry and lime one again. Only thing I will change is extra lowicz and a teaspoon of sugar per 500ml pet as its not very carbonated.. it does have a fizz and some carbonation but needs a bit more imo.

Back