Long time drinker, first time home brewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgandtg

Reaction score
Hi all

Just thought I'd post here to get my post count started.

Ordered my first coopers home brew kit the other week and got started straightaway with the australian lager and 1kg of brew sugar. Took 6 days at 22/23 degrees before the hydrometer was showing no change (1.005) from the previous days check. Have bottled it into 40 x 500ml plastic PET brown bottles and used the carbonation drops that came with the kit (1.3 drops per 500ml bottle) and it's sitting in a box at around 22 degrees. Going to leave it for 4 weeks before chilling it all and start drinking it - can't wait. Cleaned all the kit and started on a Magnum strawberry cider on Thursday night and I'm really looking forward to tasting this. Only had 1kg of brew sugar and the kit says to use 1.3kg so I just added 300g of normal sugar to make up the difference, hopefully it'll turn out ok. Once that's done, it'll be on to the Coopers Mexican Cerveza.

It might be early days but I think I've caught the bug. Already ordered another full kit along with another 4 lager/cider kits plus 4kg brew sugar, coopers brew enhancer 1 & 2 along with a light and extra light spray malt. I registered here today and seen some of the recipes and can't wait to try things like the alco-cola, cherry, raspberryade & toffee apple cider (can you tell I have a sweet tooth?).

My plan is to use the kits to get used to some of the basics and then move on to the more complicated recipes.

Looking forward to picking your brains!!!!!

Latest posts

Back