12 Swing Top 500ml Bottles for £9.99

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK117

Reaction score
The RANGE (one of those retail park type bargain shops) seems to have a homebrew section now with various bits including 12 'Grolsch' type bottles for £9.99. I dont think I've seen them cheaper elsewhere.

The downside is they have plastic tops.

Recently asda have been doing grolsch four for a fiver so thats

12 for £15, or put this way,

£10 for 12 bottles and £5 for 6L of beer ;)

Well yes, I've never bought an empty bottle in my life and don't intend to start now. My 500ml brown swing tops came from Aldi for £1.79 inc. beer.

Hoping to get over to Belgium later this year, and if so, will bring back a good load.

Moley said:
Grolsch bottles aren't 500ml and they are green.

I Have a brown 500ml one that would disagree ;) but yes, the ones from asda are only 450ml and green. poor maths from my part!

What's the problem with green bottles (hanging on a wall or otherwise). I've just inherited 25 Aldi green lager bottles from a beer swilling friend (to whom I return a few from each batch)

Moley said:
Well yes, I've never bought an empty bottle in my life and don't intend to start now. My 500ml brown swing tops came from Aldi for £1.79 inc. beer.

Hoping to get over to Belgium later this year, and if so, will bring back a good load.

They periodically do a swing top lager for 99p. I'm using the bottles for 3 different batches without problem. The original content tastes pretty grim but for 99p what do you expect (though you can get decent ale at that price there)

They periodically do a swing top lager for 99p. I'm using the bottles for 3 different batches without problem. The original content tastes pretty grim but for 99p what do you expect (though you can get decent ale at that price there)

Is that Aldi?

Back