• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED - Empty beer bottles - Essex or Oxfordshire area

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crystal_Ball

Reaction score
I'm after empty bottles in the Essex or Oxfordshire area as that's where I tend to be on my travels. Currently have too much to bottle at the moment than I have empty bottles so purchasing or a donation is currently my only option.

Sorry I can't help with the bottles, but I got a load from Mersea Island Brewery in Essex for 35p per bottle. Could not find any cheaper and I needed some quickly as I was in the same position where I needed some quickly.

I contacted them through their website and collected from them, might be worth a shot?

I was in a similar situation last year and needed bottles quickly. I put a sign on the local bottle bank with an arrow pointing to my crate. I seeded the crate with a 500ml bottle, which was the size I wanted. I went down each night to view the catch. Got about 40 bottles in a week (we live in a small village).:cheers:

Sorry I can't help with the bottles, but I got a load from Mersea Island Brewery in Essex for 35p per bottle. Could not find any cheaper and I needed some quickly as I was in the same position where I needed some quickly.

I contacted them through their website and collected from them, might be worth a shot?

Did you just say you were a homebrewer and wanted to buy bottles? Did they give you the price?

Did you just say you were a homebrewer and wanted to buy bottles? Did they give you the price?

I just emailed them through their contact us on their website and asked if they would sell any empty bottles for storing home brew, and if so how much. They got back to me very quickly and asked how many I wanted.

I've had two batches of 100 each off them, just arranged a time/date for collection, took some boxes and went and got them. Very friendly service there.

This was in August last year so not sure if they still do it, but no harm in trying.

Also try local pubs if you can raid their bottle bins. I did this once and ended up with 50 empty magners bottles. Most pubs are happy as they have to pay to have them taken away. Remember to take gloves so you don't cut yourself!

Latest posts

Back