• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED: Bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffa91

New Cider Brewer
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am currently fermenting Cider & Nettle Beer.

I am looking for some kind members in the Southampton / Hampshire area who have some spare bottles suitable for the above as my batches are expected to finish at some point within the next 7 days.

All help appreciated.

You could always ask at pubs or if you have a local university, the student union bar is usually very helpful.

Hi Guys,

I am looking for some kind members in the Southampton / Hampshire area who have some spare bottles suitable for the above as my batches are expected to finish at some point within the next 7 days.

All help appreciated.

I've got 24 750ml unused PET bottles looking for a new home if that helps, live just outside Southampton..........

take a recycling box to your local pub or club, all bottles are now non returnable and binned at the end of the night and most if not all will fill it up for you free of charge, mine up the road is saving me j2o bottles for my brewferm ales, they just chuck them in the box and give me a call when its full, you clean and sterilise before use so give it a go, nothing to lose

take a recycling box to your local pub or club, all bottles are now non returnable and binned at the end of the night and most if not all will fill it up for you free of charge, mine up the road is saving me j2o bottles for my brewferm ales, they just chuck them in the box and give me a call when its full, you clean and sterilise before use so give it a go, nothing to lose

Have you use a j2o bottle in the past. I am not sure they are suitable for carbonated drinks. I used them to put elderflower champagne in and they all exploded.

I agree, never but bottles, all pubs pay to have them collected so go and ask for some. Through my father I have his local collecting swing top bottles for me now that they stock some.

Hi Guys,

All help appreciated.
24 PET bottles at Wilko OR online will set you back a whole tenner:-o:D

Have you use a j2o bottle in the past. I am not sure they are suitable for carbonated drinks. I used them to put elderflower champagne in and they all exploded.

I agree, never but bottles, all pubs pay to have them collected so go and ask for some. Through my father I have his local collecting swing top bottles for me now that they stock some.

i have used j2o bottles in the past never had a problem, you are only putting in half a pint of beer with a 1/4 tsp or less if you batch prime, and the long maturation means less is probably better, depending on fg of course, they are as thick as a normal beer bottle and glass, so will hold an average amount of carbonation without problems, i will look to see if the club by me sell alcohol in swing top bottles, if so thats next on my list. problem with elderflower champage is it does create a lot of gas so j2o bottles are not the thing to use, pet bottles are the way to go, you have to release small amounts of co2 from the bottle when its maturing otherwise it will blow, as it did with your batch

Appreciate the offers guys, after doing a bit more digging I popped over to a brew supplier in Salisbury and picked up 24 coopers PET bottles for about £10. Cheers

Topic can be closed

Thanks for the input and the offers, as someone mentioned in earlier post, for the sake of £10 I decided to try out the PET bottles for my cider.

Hope there is no issues.

Thanks

Topic can be closed

Thanks for the input and the offers, as someone mentioned in earlier post, for the sake of �£10 I decided to try out the PET bottles for my cider.

Hope there is no issues.

Thanks
No issues,they will be absolutely fine:thumb:

The cheapest way of obtaining bottles is to ask your local pub if you can take some out of their bins many members have done this and saved a few pounds.

Latest posts

Back