help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ciderwolf

Reaction score
Hi I started my 1st supermarket juice wine last Sunday it's been bubbling away quite merrily every couple seconds all this week until today it was bubbling away this morning when I got home from work nothing not even a slow bubble. I can still hear it fizzing but nothing happening in the airlock. Any ideas greatfully received.

Thanks in advance

check the gravity, its likely that its finished primary if its been kept warm (over 18c) but you cant be sure without a gravity check, at best bubbles thru an airlock are an unreliable indicator of activity.

Sounds like a gas leak, if you can hear it fizzing/see rising bubbles but no movement in the airlock.

Try pressing the bung down - if its airtight then you should be able to 'push' the bubble in the airlock. You might also find that doing that corrects the seal and the lock starts working again

I had this with an old bung borrowed from a neighbour - had to really force it in and also give it some vaseline!

Latest posts

Back