Android W7 or IPHONE which one

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Phone?

• IPHONE 4

• IPHONE 3GS

• HTC HD DESIRE

• HTC HD7

• SAMSUNG GALAXY S

Results are only viewable after voting.

unclepumble

Landlord.
Reaction score
Android W7 or IPHONE which one :wha:

I am about to upgrade but don't know which way to go, I really would like an IPHONE 4 but all the phone companys want to pull your pants down on price.

I can get a great deal on a HTC Desire HD about £300 less than an IPHONE on a £30 contract

Then theres the new Windows 7 phones to confuse everything :? :wha:

What would you choose?

UP

I had the previous htc windows phone honestly dont bother loads of software glitches too many problems i phone outstanding but costly :cheers:

I had a blackberry before my current iphone - I thought it was good competition for the iphone. It wasn't. Over the 18 months various bits stopped working.

I have no experience of the android phones but I can tell you that my iphone 4 is amazing, absolutely love it - can't fault it. I'm on contract with t-mobile and I think it costs me around 40 quid a month. It is expensive but I wouldn't be without it now.

:D

Had Htc's for years recently jumped to Iphone 4 and can't fault it! Even better once jail breaking is done ;) The battery is not the best for longevity once you set up the push to receive mails and notifications every 15 mins, and playing with apps all day :D

I've just upgraded to a Desire HD. As with most smart phones battery life could be a lot better. Screen is superb and good for browsing the net. Speed is very good. PC PRO review here

Those who haven't owned an iPhone swear blind that their smart phone is better but those that have had both couldn't be without their iPhone.

Dont bother with the 3GS, its old technology, go straight for the iPhone4. You wont regret it!

Oh and on a side note, in 18 months time when you iphone is ready for upgrading it'll still sell for £200+ whilst an HTC or BB would struggle to make £40.

bigdave said:
Those who haven't owned an iPhone swear blind that their smart phone is better but those that have had both couldn't be without their iPhone.

Dont bother with the 3GS, its old technology, go straight for the iPhone4. You wont regret it!

Oh and on a side note, in 18 months time when you iphone is ready for upgrading it'll still sell for £200+ whilst an HTC or BB would struggle to make £40.

I am at the mo wondering whether to buy an iphone 4 from apple, get a giff gaff sim, 10 per month for 200mins I think with ultd texts and data, then flog the iphone 4 and buy an iphone 5 when it comes out this summer.

Comparing prices with contracts I don't think I would be much out of pocket if i did, as the IPHONE 4 would hold its money well being sim free.

UP

im with vodafone just now and my contract is up next week.I was looking at getting an iphone 4, voda are offering **** deals as an upgrade but 3 are offering better terms, has anyone managed to secure a good deal with any network in particular? my bro recently joined 3 and if i recommend him we both get £30 credit to our bills, so i would only pay £39 upfront for the phone then pay £30 a month for 300 mins anytime, 5000 3 to 3 mobile mins, 5000 texts and internet usage, I'm goni phone voda tomorrow and hopefully they will offer me something half decent for me to stay!

3 are a good network imho I have been with them for about 8 years and never had any real issues, they usually give me close to what I want at bargaining time, the deal they offered to upgrade my missus phone was unreal 7 quid month with a new phone 100 mins 500txts 500mb data etc etc, problem is she don't like the phone so not taken the deal.

I have 2 contracts to renew, hence the deal I get is the clincher, as most of my calls are to the strife.

If your bro on 3 then it will cost you bugger all to ring him.

UP

Two of my best mates are recent converts away from the cult of jobs to android phones. Of course, we're all computer geeks and are much more likely to write a program in java for the android phone that doesn't need to go through the ridiculous process of being accepted by Apple (not to mention being written in objective C, which is just terrible :grin: ).

The phones do exactly the same thing, but are cheaper. Not having owned an iPhone, i'd bet that they're a bit easier to use and more user friendly than the android phones though.

I have the iphone 3GS on a contract which still has 6 months to go. When I renew..I will go for the iphone 4..which I understand has a much improved camera and battery life :thumb:

highwayman said:
I have the iphone 3GS on a contract which still has 6 months to go. When I renew..I will go for the iphone 4..which I understand has a much improved camera and battery life :thumb:

The iPhone5 will be launched in june/july so you could go for that.

I have a business contract with 2 handsets (1 iphone 3gs, 1 iphone4), it costs about £65 a month and we (that's myself and SWMBO) never get through all the free mins and txts. I get an upgrade every 12 months so in Jan my 3GS will be due for replacement but I'm going to hang on till June/july and upgrade both handsets to iphone5 when its launched.

The benefits of Apples scrutiny of apps is it prevents malicious apps being developed for iphone. There have already been news articles this year about andriod apps stealing the users personal information and bank details for identity theft. I dont want to be seen to be scare mongering and I'm sure those apps are few and far between but they are out there.

I would also say they seem to be more useful apps on the Iphone, A mate has android and hasn't got any of the cycling apps on his that I can get on the Iphone, it tracks the route you took so much you can see where you got off the bike walked to the edge of the track and pee'd!

My brother has an iPhone 4 and I have a Galexy S, my brother is jealous, he wishes he never got the iPhone.

muddydisco said:
I would also say they seem to be more useful apps on the Iphone, A mate has android and hasn't got any of the cycling apps on his that I can get on the Iphone, it tracks the route you took so much you can see where you got off the bike walked to the edge of the track and pee'd!
There is an android app MM Tracker which reads Memory Map OS maps. Excellent for walking or cycling. downside is the maps are expensive.

My sister in law has one of those xperia things and shes always banging on about how much better than an iPhone it is because it has a setting that makes it behave just like its on Apple iOS but she can use android apps. Whats the point in that?

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :? :? :wha: :wha: :wha:

Still none the wiser, but think iphone 4 32g is out in front in my mind at the moment. £159 and £35 per month 2000 mins unlimtd data unltd texts

close second is desire hd as its only 25quid a month on tmobile and the phone is free

But then there is the lg optimus one, nothing special but 1/2 the price, i could go get an ipod classic with what i save and still have change. :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :wha: :wha: :wha: :wha: what to do what to do.

UP

Fun gadgets . . . **** phones . . .we get to play with lots as IT provide the phones internally for our authority. Not impressed with any of them as phones TBH, prefer my Nokia 2200 as a phone.

Latest posts

Back