Hello Gentlepersons

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drut

Reaction score
New to here but not that new to brewing.

Originally started AG over 30 years ago, stopped a long time ago due to lack of time. Restarted at the end of last summer.

Currently brewing 45-55 litre, depending on hop bill. Split this into two plastic FVs, often with two yeasts to learn about the differences (Brewlabs, White Labs, Wyeast etc as well as Gervin etc for speed).

Prefer lighter coloured beers, though 10%+ for a few. Trying a few from the Durden Park Booklet.
Using Beer Engine and spreadsheets for software, have got several other packages including ProMash, but BE works well for me.

Always on the look-out for new ideas, tips, tricks! :grin:

Thank you all very much indeed for your warm welcome!

I very much believe in reading quite a lot, searching forums and stealing other's ideas to try out :whistle:
Trial and error is the best way to learn, and the errors are the best lessons :oops:
So, in 88 recent AGs, I have had a couple of infections but surprisingly few beers that were not drinkable!
I have gone from the basic to the ridiculously over-complicated (trying too hard for crystal clear beer) and back again.

I hope that I might be able to offer some of this experience in brews and equipment in return for what I take away!

Latest posts

Back