large blue food grade barrels

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
31bb3 said:
You can use them for boiler hlt or fv if you have big batches

Wow that sounds incredible. They are heat resistant without leaching? What sort of life cycle do they have and what sort of cleaning system do they take.

I really want to do bigger batches but can't afford stainless steel. My inner skeptic won't shut up about safety though.

A few on here use them with no problems as they are thick not sure of the life but I'd say as long as you look after them the will be good to go no.need for sterilising as.the boil will do that just keep the elements ts clean

31bb3 said:
A few on here use them with no problems as they are thick not sure of the life but I'd say as long as you look after them the will be good to go no.need for sterilising as.the boil will do that just keep the elements ts clean

Sounding better all the time. Are they hdpe and, therefore, if used like a fermentor can be cleaned like a fermentor? Standard brew cleaning products and protocols will do no harm?

would those 1000litre water butts also be good for fermenting/storage? the only thing i worry about with the used one is what they contained before hand as im pretty sure plastics leach a bit of the flavours of the old stuff ...not good if shampoo!

(this is also my first post! lovely to meet you all:))

Adam

Latest posts

Back