Further Dishwasher probs - Electricians advice needed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyCaner

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

As some of you might have seen I've been having a bit of bother with my dishwasher. Previously it was leaking steam so I adjusted the feet to make sure it was level. Following this I ran it but the cycle didn't complete through the drying phase. The dishes were clean however and minimal steam was leaked out.

I tried to run it again today. It started OK but then stopped a short while later. Upon investigation there appeared to be no power to it and a couple of inches of water was sat in the base. I've drained off the water so the waste pipe isn't blocked.

I think it's hard wired to a fused swith neon on the wall. The weird thing is if the dishwasher door is open then the neon is on and if it is shut the neon goes out.

Any of you electicians out there got any ideas why or any advice?

Thanks,

DirtyC

sounds a bit like a short in the control panel :hmm:

How old is the dishwasher?

Call out fees plus time charges plus spares cost (especially if it's the PCB that's gone) won't be far of fthe cost of a new one...

Think it's about 4 or 5 years old.

My mates coming round with his multimeter tomorrow. Might just replace the spur switch anyway, seems a bit dodgy. Then try checking power throughout. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

DC

If water is in the bottom check the outlet drain hose to ensure it is in a good up then down U shape otherwise water from the sink may drain down into the dishwasher stopping it from working. This may be nothing to do with your issue but worth a look! :thumb:

I just buy mine some new marigolds every now and then and I have no problems at all. :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks, I've already checked the waste tube and this seems fine. Pretty sure its something electrical.

Cheers,

DC

graysalchemy said:
I just buy mine some new marigolds every now and then and I have no problems at all. :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl:

It could also be something blocking the drain pump - i chucked one out as it stopped working only to find a small piece of broken glass had jammed the motor.

Hi Folks,

Just to update you the problem turned out to be in the fused switch. I've had that replaced and now it works fine. Still got a porblem with the steam but I'm still working on that.

Thanks for all the advice everyone,

DirtyC

Back