Had abusive phone call...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The joys of working within any company that has proper customer services :thumb:

Some times you get a customer that will be a muppet no matter what you do ( seen more than my fair share of them in food retail). Best thing to do is just let them have their 5 minutes but always remember who they are, you can always take your time with their order or even forget it all together.

Well, I certainly didn't post to pick up compliments, but it's nice anyway! :) Sadly, I can't match most of the usernames here to real life people, apart from you Dennis!

I get the sentiments, I'll just push this to one side. I have all his details if needed (for legal, non-poo-in-post purposes). Don't know if he's on here, and I won't say anymore about his supposed 'order' as it might identify him and his traits, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want that. I'd soon recognise him on the forums, I reckon, even under a different name/handle.

Stuff him.

Sounds like a right nutter mate. We all get annoyed when things aren't going the way we would like, but to all out verbally assault someone like that just isn't normal... not to me anyway.

Vossy, you're too nice mate. I find myself watching American "reality" tv shows and bursting out laughing at the "yo momma" to-ing and fro-ing that goes on before anything gets done. Getting in someones face and verbally abusing them is just asking for trouble, well held lol.

Kinleycat said:
A cautionary tale for Internet/phone/social media gobshites!!!
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/technolog ... 711954.ece
I bet he crapped himself outside in!!! :rofl:

That's great :D

Found a more detailed one here, including an on-air apology :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... boxer.html

He's clearly a knob and I wouldn't worry about it, I bet if it was face-to-face you wouldn't have had a peep out of him...its easy to abuse someone who's not in the room at the end of the phone or email...try and forget it and move on. From the comments already posted it seems you have plenty of happy customers, you can't please everyone and it sounds like whatever you did he would have had a go...not worth the trouble mate IMO!

Ultimately his loss not yours.I work in a public facing industry & ATEOTD most of my problems are caused by people being people. You have tried to be helpful, courteous & polite. Got lots of happy repeat customers?-then don't worry about this one total bell end. Karma will get him eventually-it always does.

I'm not superstitious in anyway, and all hippy stuff doesn't sit we'll with me either, bit karma is so real, I can't think of any circumstances from my past when karma hasn't caught up with me whether it be good or bad, it's something no one can escape from.

You get pillocks like this...they always back down very quickly if they think you are about to launch them into orbit.

Picture if you can, the mystery bloke that thinks it's ok to let his dog turd on my garden at the side of my house...He has got away with not picking it up for a while...I arrive home from work to see a random bloke holding the lead of his dog whilst it is squatting on my lawn....Lost rag time...he sets off like a startled rabbit and the poor dog gets dragged down the road still in a ******** position...Not seen him for a while... :hmm:

Tim,

You provide a good service and I was very happy with our transaction a while back. Best thing to do is just forget it and if he tries to contact you again, just ignore him. Some people are just arseholes...

DC

Back