3 months on from Hot Break

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Ade, I got summoned to the docs surgery a coupl eof months ago as I was 'nearing a certain age' . . ( Why can't they just say "You're an old git!!" ) . . . for a Height weight Blood Pressure, Blood test check up. . . . . Well I failed that one :evil:

While I knew I had put on a bit of weight (11st at 5'8") . . I was not expecting to be 12 st 6 . . or to have a Cholesterol level of NINE!!!! . . . So I went on a low cholesterol diet . . . . (Great until my daughter found out "Your a Fat B*st*rd!!" ) . . . and I'm now 11 st 6 . . . I'm due another check for cholesterol soon . . . should be fun.

Must try exercising as well . . . I'd like to be 10 st 7lb . . . with less of a 'bulge' at the front . . . I mean I can suck it in with the best of them, but I'd rather not have too.

Still it appears you've inspired a few of us to shed a few pounds

I'm going to do something positive after Xmas as I think I'm slowly expanding. Just haven't decided what Xmas. :roll:

Aleman said:
Still it appears you've inspired a few of us to shed a few pounds
Well I'm not setting out on a mission to preach to the forum about weight loss, but it can't be too difficult if I can do it. It doesn't really require willpower, which is just as well since I don't have any. I tried to quit the rolling weed last New Year - now that was tough and I only made it to the middle of April but I will try again.

Regarding diet, I've better than halved my alcohol consumption and I took the first month off completely. I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't really miss it, and inspired as the first stone fell off quite rapidly. I've cut down on bread and cheese and cut out nuts and nibbles. I'll still have a sausage sandwich (my favourite food in the whole world) but maybe only once a fortnight. I'm actually eating better than I did before, because I'm having breakfast every day when I regularly skipped that, I'm just eating more fruit and veggies but less junk.

Anyway, it's my fortnightly weigh-in today and pay-up time for Ann.

Keep it up Rob :thumb:

Incidentally, last weekend we bought a 17.5kg sack of wild bird seed. That was a fair old lump to carry from the shop to the car park (only about 200 yards), and then I worked out that's almost exactly what I've lost off my belly and have been carrying all day every day for quite some time!

well done to you all.... :clap:
so how is it all going..?

im lucky im a skinny git at around 10st,
i eat reasonable food in average portions ,and have a cycle once or twice a week to keep a bit fit... :thumb:

:wha: I thought this topic had drifted into the mists of obscurity 5 months ago.

Well I lost the two stone I set out to, plus a few pounds more but put those few back on over Christmas and have kept them. Holding steady now and staying in a 34 regular trouser (down from a 36 stretch).

Others are doing well too, see here.

You started me on the right road Ade. I am 20Lbs lighter since the start of the year.
Looking at all the great food for ST 2013, I might just put a few back on. :-?

I fell at the first hurdle...got busy at work, no time to eat properly, still at 17stone. Kids are back at school now so I have no excuses. No booze during week, cut down on bread, exercise every day

Dronfieldbrewer said:
I fell at the first hurdle...got busy at work, no time to eat properly, still at 17stone. Kids are back at school now so I have no excuses. No booze during week, cut down on bread, exercise every day

That looks easy when you see it written down like that Rob. Hope it goes well.

I decided at new year to kose some weight havnt a clue what my weight was dont bother with weighing mysekf just cut out **** and take aways had a nice surprise the weekend I bought some new jeans and have dropped 2 waist sizes from 42 to 38 not been under the 40 waist fir years im dead chuffed

nice 1 Eddy , i'm not exactly a big fellow (nearly 6ft though) but last year my belly was ... well ... bigger than usual (beer etc) and well a chap at work said to me '' F==king hell mate , yar mrs been ironing ya top with a wok '' lol so i just stopped drinking as much , from 2 beers a night down to around 1 every other day plus weekend drinking and just didn't eat that extra slice of cake etc . Now belly almost flat again.

Back