Cleaning beer lines in a kegerator

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WelshPaul

Landlord.
Reaction score
Is there an easy way to clean beer lines and the inside of taps on a kegerator without needing a spare cornie full of cleaning agent?

imho you only need to clean the beer line and tap internals (not including the spout) when you change the keg.. pubs will do a weekly line clean but may have changed barrels more frequently.. while your corny has kept a sanitary seal from your keg upto the tap seal since installed, very little chance of anything nasty not already there getting in... unless your chopping and changing a lot ??

The tap spout however can harbour all sorts of nasties, beer and air mixed..but a squeezy bottle of warm water rinses that out after a session., even better if they unscrew you can just use the tap to rinse em,...

just clean the line and tap thru with the cleaner and steriliser you use in the keg youve just emptied befor using it again or storage :)

However if you have a need to clean the lines mid keg for any reason a pump action garden sprayer can be used to pump fluids about, but if ussing one i would dedicate it to the task..

I got one of these for £12.50 delivered from user The Dribbler over on Jim's, except mine has a plastic fitting rather than brass, great easy solution. He talks about it in this thread. Mine took a bit of a battering in the post and a couple of the internal bits were cracked, he was really good about sending replacement parts. Not sure if he's on here?

527315_4840042807479_1115169190_n.jpg

The Dribbler is on here as... err..... The Dribbler.

He did tell me he won't have any for a while, that was mid december :thumb:

Yes, I could definitely do with one of those - it's certainly easier than keeping a corny full of oxy cleaner!

Hi chaps.

The last small batch I did was mid December.

I don't have any available right now, I thought I'd wait a while until there was enough interest from folks.. so I'm not sat on them.

So, as its been a couple of months..I guess I'm due to turn out another small batch shortly. If you give me a week or so I'll get busy on the lathe. :cheers:

The Dribbler

I've just had to replace all my beer lines in my in my kegerator. Even though I always cleaned my beer lines in between each brew, as I got into the habit of cleaning them when I cleaned my keg. However, I found that no matter how regularly I did it I still had a build up a residue inside the lines over time. In terms of the taps mine come fully apart and I recently gave them a really good clean as I was surprised as to just how much stuff had accumulated in there, and I think I'm gonna do that regularly to keep on top of it. How long do people keep there beer lines before replacing them as you don't really read about how frequently you need to replace them?

Neil

Latest posts

Back