A decent valve.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hop-head

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

I'm making a boiler myself and I wanted to let you know an Idea I've got.

The valve I'm going to use is a "Honey valve" this is a gate valve used on vessels that hold Honey (sorry I don't know how to post links). These are gate valves and are available in plastic and stainless steel. and have a 1 1/12 inch bore which can easily be unblocked.

Hello everybody.

I'm making a boiler myself and I wanted to let you know an Idea I've got.

The valve I'm going to use is a "Honey valve" this is a gate valve used on vessels that hold Honey (sorry I don't know how to post links). These are gate valves and are available in plastic and stainless steel. and have a 1 1/12 inch bore which can easily be unblocked.

How would you fit a hop filter to this with a 1 1/2" bore?. I would suggest that a 1/2" ball valve would be better suited and easier to control. If you get a brass valve from screwfix they are much cheaper than S/S ones.

Hello Easy Peasie.
Thank You I'll bear that in mind. A look at this site has shown Me things like false bottoms. My book says to run the wort into a grain bag suspended between two chairs. (Dave Lines big book of brewing). It may be a bit out of date.
Cheers, Hop-head.

Hello Easy Peasie.
Thank You I'll bear that in mind. A look at this site has shown Me things like false bottoms. My book says to run the wort into a grain bag suspended between two chairs. (Dave Lines big book of brewing). It may be a bit out of date.
Cheers, Hop-head.

Well fair enough if you are happy with that, but just bear in mind that if it doesnt work it will be a big hole to fill with another valve at that bore.

Latest posts

Back