Fermented Tea?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delmol

Reaction score
I've been sitting on the idea of brewing some tea (excuse the pun) for a little while now.

No fancy bacterial cultures or any of that, just tea, sugar and yeast.

I know a lot of members here mix tea into their TC or WOW, I've even heard of it mixed in with Beer.

I'm thinking about making an iced tea style alcoholic beverage :whistle:

Has anyone tried a Tea Wine/Beer (majority comprising of tea) and how did it turn out?

Search for 'hippy juice' and you'll find some posts about tea wine, mostly with fruit tea bags.

Search for 'hippy juice' and you'll find some posts about tea wine, mostly with fruit tea bags.

Hippy Juice eh? I'll have to take a look then :lol:

I'm just wondering about a standard black tea, not sure if I'd end up with some funky bitter flavours or whether those would smooth out!

Im pretty sure in the 60's we used....used tea from the dregs in the T pot. I may be wrong

Tea wine can be good, but don't overdo it with the tea or it will make your mouth furry n dry like strong tea does, I use used t bags, earl gray is nice, and lady grey, or just standard tea or fruity tea, 10 new bags, or 20 used bags per gallon, myself I prefer the taste of used t bag versions.

Latest posts

Back