New years honours list

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunno about Murray getting a gong, he should get sport's non-personality of the year award - his monotone drawl is redolent of a toy with rapidly draining batteries.

Murray...he has done well...the price...no child hood! Instead of being out fishing,catching frogs,catapults,lighting fires and chasing girls he had to play tennis. I bet he's miserable as hell...I bet his mum's standing at the end of the bed every night...

Cheers

Clint

Clint, I had to do all of those dreadful childhood things but no tennis! Do I get a medal for being the unofficial world champion frog catcher?

I am not a tennis fan but think it is fantastic what Andy Murray has achieved, i doubt tennis was the first choice sport for many young lads in Scotland so to become the number one is a hell of an achievement, OK he would give Gordon Brown a run for his money in the dour stakes but that is the way he is.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhyxq4i0UGw[/ame]

Er... "No.1"?

I think you will find that the word you were searching for is "only". :whistle: :whistle:

PS

Every time I see Andy's Mum cheering him on I think of some graffiti seen on the back of a toilet door in my youth that said ...

"My mother made me a queer!"​
and underneath was written ...

"If I buy her the wool will she knit me one?"​

Ok Dutto,I will bite ,reel me in :grin:
"Only" sportsman ? Robbie renwick,Gary Anderson ,Ricky burns and on and on.

Your not bitter that Timmy henman flopped at Wimbledon are you :whistle::wink:

The finest Scots sportsman ever was Jocky Wilson, did he get a gong? I think all sport is **** anyway, just a futile pursuit to prove than one man can run faster,jump higher,hit harder etc etc ad infinitum yawn. But darts involves beer and cigs (great!), or did until the health nuts hijacked it and removed the fun.

Yeah...and what about the fella who used to drink pints of milk instead of ale because he was only 17 or something. ..I bet he's in a right mess now.

Cheers

Clint

Keith Deller?? Remember when TV darts players used to balance pint pots on their beer bellies whilst holding a fag in their 'spare' hand? Great stuff, imagine that nowadays? Where did it all go wrong?

Must take some doing...drinking like a fish,smoking like a chimney and playing world class sport....all at the same time! Perhaps they should reintroduce it into other sports...F1 for starters. ..they have to drink 40 pints during a race ,without spilling any,and smoke at least 80 fags..all lit with a box of England's glory! Without stopping for a piddle...

Cheers

Clint

Great idea Clint, it would at least make F1 watchable. I saw a documentary not long back, about motor racing in the 60s and 70s and I remember the narrator saying these were the days when drivers would race drunk or with blinding hangovers from the night before... yikes!

Ok Dutto,I will bite ,reel me in :grin:
"Only" sportsman ? Robbie renwick,Gary Anderson ,Ricky burns and on and on.

Your not bitter that Timmy henman flopped at Wimbledon are you :whistle::wink:

That's exactly what I mean! :thumb:

Out of that lot the only one I (and probably 99.999% of other Brits) have heard of is Robbie Burns ... :whistle:

... and even he didn't have a hill in London named after him! :lol:

Seriously Dutto,you must expand your sporting knowledge mate,99.99% of Brits ??????
That must be why independence is even considered :lol:
Maybe you can remember a few of the older ones :whistle:

Kenny dalglish ? Jim Watt ? Billy Bremner ? Ken Buchanan ?
The Lisbon Lions,first BRITISH team to win the European cup 1967, from Scotland incidentally,all born within 30 miles of Paradise.

Henman hill is some achievement right enough :thumb:

Right Dutto,that's it.........Square go ya bass

I'm from Bannockburn anyway,let's recreate the 1314 battle,I will be standing with a stainless steel mixing paddle and a hop spider on ma heid

No,in fact,sorry,it will have to be somewhere else,I'm banned from the Bannockburn heritage centre when they caught me there with a carryout when I was 14.
Good stuff mate :thumb:

And they gave us James Mcgrory and Paul McStay,they gave us Johnstone,Tully,Murdoch,Auld and Hay as the song goes (I sing it every second week in case you hadn't guessed)
Yep,now Glasgow is Green and White.
I'm sure a mr Charles Green helped that situation,wasn't he involved with a Sheffield club?
Man is a snake I believe. If I ever meet him I will shake his hand and buy him a drink :whistle:

Latest posts

Back