New Year Resolutions.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Godsdog, that's good to hear :thumb:. So what is your 'perfect combination'?
for the benefit of clint and chippy it so turns out that me and another poster are kindred spirits when it comes to brewing and that poster is cheapbrew and like him have dabbled for years to make a drink I really like with a one can kit and the cheapest ingredients,so this is what I make
one 1.5 kg can of wilkos hoppy copper
one bottle of morrisons golden syrup
600 grams of bog standard table sugar
total fermentables is = to2.85kg
OG is = to 1052 made up to 23 litres
5 days into the fermentation I dry hop in the FV with 30 grams of Chinook
then keg after a minimum of 10 days in the FV but at this point I dry hop the cornie keg with 30 grams of Amarillo the FG at this point is usually around 1008 or lower force carbed upto 35 PSI
after a month I finally get round to the enjoyable bit,drinking it and it comes out gloriously citrous which I absoloutley love
total cost is = to roughly £14.47 and equates to 36 pence a pint without a trace of the homebrew twangy taste.
if theres one thing ive learned over the years about pimping one can kits its that they need to be pale looking in colour as I found out that darker colour beers do not pimp very well at all
so that's it,nothing special I do but im very happy to have my three cornies full of it and my other kegs the two king kegs are used for a pimped stout and any experiment on a kit that takes my fancy.
I did purchase an induction hob off an ebayer to start getting all grain brewing together but the bugger spun a pack of lies about what he was selling and after being as slippery as an eel for two weeks to avoid the return the ebay resoloution board gave me a full refund so.on a rethink and liking the quickness of kit brewing as opposed to hogging swmbos sanctuary ie the kitchen I thought sod it:thumb:

Nice job, I used to have bunk beds, the trick is to get the bottom bunk, hot air rises :lol:

....as done methane :whistle:

for the benefit of clint and chippy it so turns out that me and another poster are kindred spirits when it comes to brewing and that poster is cheapbrew and like him have dabbled for years to make a drink I really like with a one can kit and the cheapest ingredients,so this is what I make
Thanks for that.
t.gif

Back