latest Brew - Another pale ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheshirehomebrew

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all, did a BIAB last weekend and its bubbling away like a good'un and is as follows:

2.5KG of Maris Otter
350 gms of Torrified Wheat
300 gms of British Caramalt (EBC30) in 5 gallons of water held at 64 degrees for an hour

15gms of Sorachi @ 60 mins (all pellets)
5gms of Sorachi @15 mins (Irish Moss at 15 mins)
5gms of Sorachi at flame out

Transferred to FV and topped up with about 1.5 gallons of ice cold water and left to cool.

US-05 yeast pitched at 17 degrees on the 14th Jan, its been slower to ferment at the cooler end of the temperature range but still looking and smelling good.

Beersmith said 10.38 my reading was 10.40 so not unhappy with that, forget what its supposed to finish at but ABV will be around 3.5%

I will rack to a carboy and dry hop with 20gms of Cascade for around 10 days or so before bottling

Am quietly pleased with this so far but wont know for about 4-5 weeks

am now in the dry hopping stage I thought I had Cascade (US) in pellet form but its dry leaf, by the time I had broken bits of it off and weighed it there were loose hop leaves all over so I used all that was loose, it came to 32.3gms that are currently soaking in the carboy

Back