Tesco

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishplate

Reaction score
Does anybody have a list of there shops that sell homebrew.Emailed them a few weeks back but no reply

I might be wrong but I think someone on here said they were selling HB stuff cheap to clear stocks as they were stopping stocking it. That was a few months back.

Thats what I understood, they were selling only on-line brew making kits

My local shop did have a few bits, mainly kits but also FV's and few other bits. No sacks of grain.

I was in the Tesco Silverburn (Glasgow) on Saturday and they had quite a bit of homebrew stock, a few youngs kit, woodfordes wherry, a few coopers kits, yeast, demijohns, fermenters, kegs and a few chemicals and wine kits. got a coopers english bitter, brew enhancer and some yeast nutrient, just to keep the stocks up and for something to stick in the cornie as a temp measure incase I've not got any AG beers to drink,

fishplate said:
Does anybody have a list of there shops that sell homebrew.Emailed them a few weeks back but no reply
I doubt you'll get an answer. I rang them about a month ago to find out if my local Tesco had anything in stock. They put me through to my local branch and they didn't even know if they had anything in their store. I had to go in myself and have a look round.

The big one in Hull city centre sells kits, bottles, FV's, and a few chems!
You can order on line and get it delivered to a local express store for free!

dennisking said:
I might be wrong but I think someone on here said they were selling HB stuff cheap to clear stocks as they were stopping stocking it. That was a few months back.

I think that is wrong, the Tesco in Chesterfield had the sale and now sells exactly the same stuff it did before.

They probably have a sale to get rid of stuff with short shelf life on and sell it at cost, then re stock with new longer shelf life stuff!

Andyhull said:
They probably have a sale to get rid of stuff with short shelf life on and sell it at cost, then re stock with new longer shelf life stuff!

It was all at once and beer kits last several years, and everything - everything - was knocked down.

I'm sure it's to get people interested so they buy more kits once they've got the equipment and taste for it...wouldn't be the first clever marketing campaign by tesco. remember when they were selling alcohol at a loss?

I think it's only the larger, largest, Tesco stores that carry the homebrew kit.

We have two in Newport, and only the largest of them carries the home brew stuff.

Back