North Korea

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their technology doesn't look too advanced, I keep thinking I've switched on 'Wargames'

Could be an almighty bluff, but somehow, I think their main threat may be popping balloons along their border to keep people awake

China and Russia would probably aid them. But with the technology to shoot down nukes, don't think they would do much to reach the west.
It would end up being a bomber deployed nuke if anything and as far as I'm aware they lack even that technology?

Also even if they did deploy it would be world war 3, I used to be in the army and I would rejoin in a heartbeat to protect my country.

gl0ckage said:
China and Russia would probably aid them

As already stated i think China and Russia would at the last minute step in to protect their investment in the west. Why would they protect a Tin Pot ideological regime? They are using them as a bargaining chip to hold the west. China and Russia have no interest in Armageddon only in becoming the dominant economy in the world and you can't do that if all your trading partners are toast.

whatever the outcome,ordinary folks like us can't alter anything....so

KEEP CALM and carry on brewing. !

If the worse comes to pass...pucker your lips bend down put your head between your legs.......and kiss your a*** goodbye.

Any serious move by NK would be eventually be suicidal. The main problem would be the damage caused in the mean time - they've got a hell of a lot of artillery aimed at Seoul, and it would take a long time to neutralise NKs forces.

You gotta wonder what the average Joe on the street in NK thinks/knows about the situation, they must have been fed so much propaganda.

I really hope you're right about China and Russia - it could get very messy otherwise.

Just a bit of brinkmanship going on. NK know they would be toast if they let a nuke fly, and china and russia would probably let any coming back hit. They both have the ability to intercept any western nukes coming in from USA. But what NK want is recognition and aid. They just have a very strange way of going about it.

graysalchemy said:
I will put a call into the Pentagon and see what they can do :lol: :lol:

Maybe your moderator's big red button will get put to some other use soon.

This is exactly why we dont allow children to drive cars, the result: Carnage.

Now give a child a nuclear bomb and its all o........................

Our governments Globally tell us all porkies every year to get elected & re elected so what they will tell us on a Nuclear war scare is not worth knowing.The truth is we will hear bits of the truth to get general public backing but the wholesale truth will be 50 years in coming to us if ever, not that i don't trust politicians ;) :cheers: get a beer down ya it might be the last one :D

North-Korea-Missile_zpscfdaa29c.jpg

no they can't launch yet ...
iv only started to drink 1 of my 8 brews ...
the rest is not ready yet... :D ..

regards mick... :hat: .

This issue has put the decommissioning of Triton well and truly to bed... even though we are nice and safe over here on the other side of the world. Davey Cam must be rubbing his hands together with glee. Oh well, looks like those new hospitals and schools will just have to wait while we 'protect' ourselves from a non existent threat.

narmour said:
This issue has put the decommissioning of Triton well and truly to bed... even though we are nice and safe over here on the other side of the world. Davey Cam must be rubbing his hands together with glee. Oh well, looks like those new hospitals and schools will just have to wait while we 'protect' ourselves from a non existent threat.

Yep, that seems about all its being used for - scare people a bit to try and justify a massive pointless ( IMHO ) cost

Doom and Gloom...Doom and Gloom

lets look on the bright side..........

well a mushroom cloud looks pretty.

I wouldn't put it past China & Russia to aid the South Koreans in an evasion of the north. They want SK technology an another "you owe me" trading partner would be welcomed by both. NK is a dead duck.

If it all kicks off big time and we get nuked do we get a refund for the Spring Thing?

BB

how many subs have the alied forces got off the coast of NK now? how many low water defense and deep water strike?

nothing is comming out of there

what gets me more is we went to war in iraq over WMDs and there were none but NK is saying they are going toattack withthem yet we do nothing(ish)

wondering...

Back