Had abusive phone call...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedaronics

Reaction score
In the time I have been running this outfit, I only ever had one contre-temps with a customer - a guy who I spent hours with giving information, emails, phone calls, guiding him to the right place for this and that, to make the correct purchase - for him to turn around after his order arrived late by a day due to a courier error, and spit in my face. Metaphorically. Thanks mate, you're a real friend.

Until today...

So this guy tries to order on the website recently, and fails to make the system work - sends me email saying that his old card had expired or something. So I just say, well, go to your PayPal and send the funds from there. This is what everyone else in the same position has done without fail. I can't see a problem with that. Anyway, he goes off, comes back later on saying he will try the next day. I hear nothing, so send polite email asking if he has had any success.

Next thing I get is a phone call firing the vilest swearing at me, asking why the **** I didn't take VISA etc., and just ranting on and on, f-word every four words, at which point I have to ask him if he is indeed talking to me. I'm a bit slow, you see, and so after a bit more of this, I get the idea he isn't happy, but hey, what can I do? I'm nice as pie to him, not giving back what he has given me.

He goes off again, and I send a second email explaining pretty well how PayPal works. I ask him to refrain from swearing again down the phone in case the kids are listening on loudspeaker. A short while later he sends me two emails, one saying that I should forget it (I presume he means the order), and the second giving more personal abuse.

So, what do I do? Do nothing? Register a complaint with the police? Cache the emails and get internet company to log them somehow? I have no intention of engaging with this man again if I can help it.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Tim

(and while I'm at it, here's a big thank you to the rest of the peopple who have been courteous and decent in all our dealings over the last two years or so. You set the standard.)

you probably won't hear from him again it sounds like he is done. :thumb:

I worked in a customer service role for some years.

All you need to know is that a lot of people are dickwads and once they're gone, you never have to deal with them again, because they think they'll "take their custom elsewhere." Whereas in reality, you don't have to give a **** about that, because you don't want to deal with these people anyway and the loss of them is your personal gain :lol:

Just keep all the emails in case he decides to turn keyboard warrior on you.

Then you have the ammo to swat him down if he turns up on the wider internet trying to cause trouble for you.

Otherwise, forget it all and use your time and energy servicing nice people and making money. :thumb:

I worked late last night as well making his units up ready for despatch today. Still, I'm sure they'll find a good home. :D

Unfortunately the world is scattered with that type of cretin. Ignore and move on...and remember his name and address...
Theres no pleasing some folks and I've found that it usually because they can't get what THEY want how THEY want and that they usually want it yesterday.
They resort to expletives to mask their own inadequacies, in social skills, intelligence and plain ordinary manners.
Send him a large parcel of packaging material with insufficient postage...... :lol: :lol: :twisted:

My order from you was treated with kindness and understanding, with lots of help from you when I didn't understand simple instructions.

Thanks PD, it's appreciated.

It's just so off the wall this kind of thing, he made no attempt to hide his address, occupation, place of work, all the rest of it, yet seems to think this is acceptable.

It's a whacky world alright.

Some people think their a big shot down the phone or through an email, he probably boasted to his mates about it to, just a cock mate, lots of them about these days, I wouldn't worry yourself about it.

theres many folks around that think foul language is acceptable at any time, because nobody has ever told them otherwise..
especially with a piece of 4 x 2

email him a pic of the happy customer that buys the item he ordered or a pic of you giving him the finger.

this many not help but you will feel better when you hit send.

Trouble is that one never knows if you're dealing with a cycle path or not.

I think's better to assume that you are. :)

piddledribble said:
Send him a large parcel of packaging material with insufficient postage...... :lol: :lol: :twisted:

What a great idea, I can imagine them shooting off to the sorting office to collect what they think is their order sent in error, then having to pay 6 quid for a box full of rabbit bedding. :lol: :lol: :lol:

When running my own business I parked in front of a customers house for maybe 10 minutes, there was nothing wrong with my parking, the 2 drive ways were next to each other so I was more than the space of the drive way from the neighbours house. I went back out to the car to get something I'd forgotten and the neighbour came out at me and had a pop at me for parking where I had, as they couldn't see past my car when getting in and out of their drive way. I was in work apparel, business name all over the side of my car so I backed down despite him being right in my face (literally).
About 5 minutes in it got to the point where he was shouting at me in the street and because I apologised and backed down he then started swearing at me to get a rise...I don't like that. He stepped forward to within about a inch of my face and swore at me with such vengance he spat on my on my shirt...both very big no no's to me :nono: Before he could step back I told him if he spoke to me again I'd be very unhappy...well maybe not quite that :lol: (not that I would, that's not me, but that's not the point)...the colour drained from his face, he walked off, turned around to say something then walked back in his house.
When I got home the wife played a message he'd left for me on our home answer phone...from the safety of his house.
You get these people in life, don't waste your time thinking about them. Luckily they're few and far between........one day they'll say something to someone who won't just back down and they'll get what they deserve...I hope :cool:

put it down to experience .. at the end of the day its his loss.. :D

and have a chuckle your not sinking into the same ***** as he lives by...

or you could send him some dogshit ... :lol:

bobsbeer said:
I would ignore him. Life is way too short. I hope he wasn't a member on here. :hmm:

If he does look on the site he might learn what a pr*ck he is. As has been said Tim my dealingss with you were nothing other than first rate. I wish every company I deal with would offer the same courteous service. Rise above it, at least you can say you are a decent person.

You need the occasional nutter in your life just so you appreciate how nice most other people are :)

Latest posts

Back