Dilemma / Thornbridge Kipling and Jaipur...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archad71

Reaction score
Hi Gents,

I have a dilemma!

Have been brewing + drinking a clone of the Oakham Citra the last couple of months, which whilst has been very enjoyable, think that I have now become accustomed to such a huge and refreshing flavour from the Citra hop to such a degree that I dare not try anything else. :(

In an attempt to wean myself off to avoid becoming 'spoilt' on the stuff, I recently purchased a bottle of Thornbridge Kipling and a bottle of Thornbridge Jaipur to try. :hmm:

Although have to admit that I had to momentarily sit down after the purchase as it came to roughly a third of the cost of 44 pints of Citra! :shock:

Following a suitable period of recovery spent at home tasting the two variants, I was hooked on the flavour of both ales and now find myself with an opportunity to put an end to this unfortunate dilemma. :D

So was wondering if any of you gents out there who may have experienced a similar situation could shed any light on a recipe clone for each of the two aforementioned ales?! :pray:

If you live close to Worcester then I'll gladly invite you over for a sample session as soon as I have readily sourced, purchased the ingredients and made a couple of kegs worth... :cheers:

Wheat malt, or just use less torrified wheat. I used quite a lot (7.5%) and that seems to have given the beer a slightly bananary falvour in a wheat beer style. It was a very good beer, just not what I set out to do!

Latest posts

Back