kegerator / keezer problem. any ideas welcome

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helluvatractor

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a temperature problem in my keezer.
It won't get below around 12oc. I have an stc 1000 set to 9oc and it was working ok until the weather has gotten warmer.

The compressor is constantly on, and getting very hot. I have set the thermostat to 120c now just to give the compressor a break, but this is meaning very foamy, unpourable beer.

I have tested the gas pipes for leaks with a sniffer and there is no leak. The freezer is working, as there is a small patch of ice at the back of the inside.

I have insulated the inside of the wooden collar with selitec.

Its a small chest freezer which only just fits 4 corny kegs with just room in the centre for a bottle which I fill with water to stick the probe in.

Does anyone have any ideas what I should do ? . I have a 240 volt fan (see pic ) which I thought about fitting to the inside of the lid. Would this help ? Or do I need to reduce it to 2 kegs at a time to allow more air to circulate about ?

I'm a bit out of my depth here, and with my 40th birthday in 2 weeks, with a big party planned I really would Like to serve nice , un foamy beer to people .

Thanks in advance , Matt

IMAG0459.jpg

IMAG0460.jpg

IMAG0461.jpg

problem solved ; SCRAPPED IT !! lol. seems the compressor has got so hot it caused damage to it, and there was a refrigerant leak.

just bought a lovely big chest freezer for £50,:cheers: excellent condition and corny kegs will stand up inside it, as well as the co2 tank and room for 4 more kegs if i fancy, :nah: without the need for faffing about with a collar. will have to use party taps, but if it means less heat loss and more economic, i'm happy.:thumb:

might fit a smaller fan inside just to circulate the air around though.

Back