equipment profile beersmith 2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wigwamheed

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all, was just wondering if anyone had an equipment profile for beersmith 2 for a 50l thermobox mashtun and 50l ss boiler I could copy paste? Thanks and sorry for lack of punctuation!!

Hi
I posted a couple of times on this subject on the Beeramith forum but never really got a decent answer.
Here are the values I use in my equipment profile which have been adjusted over the years to give good cinsustent accurate reliable results.
Mash tun vol 50 ltr
Mash tun weight 11kg
MT specific heat capacity 0.13
Brewhouse efficiency start at around 68% and develop this over a few brews. You may well end up in the low 70%.
Hope this helps
:-)

Sweet. Thanks very much, still waiting on stuff turning up and just started with beersmith after qbrew etc. And wanted a head started shift in new recipes across. Thanks again!!!!

There is an element of fine tuning in Beersmith. After half a dozen brews you will have modified your profile to suit your results. Once you get good consistency and you are all dialled in then it is plain sailing and you will hit your targets every time.
Well more or less ;-)

Back