CO2 Regulator Help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjrwil

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me. I'm currently setting up a two keg Keezer and have pretty much got everything sorted now I think.

I have purchased a co2 welding primary regulator for the tank and was planning to run 3/8 line out of it via a john guest adapter to the keg posts. However, I just spoke to someone from John Guest and he was adamant that I would need a proper beer primary regulator, as well a a secondary regulator otherwise the system would be very dangerous.

I was under the impression that just a primary welding type regulator would be fine. Does anyone have any opinion on this, or experience in the area?

This is regulator I have purchased by the way: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180889649769?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

If your planning on serving both kegs at the same pressure, then simply branch off the gas line using a T or Y jg fitting to feed each keg.

If you want the ability to maintain a constant gas supply to both kegs And serve at 2 different pressures (which would be a lil odd as the temp and pressure contribute to a balanced condition, and u cant mantain 2 temps easily in a single fridge mod..) Then Yes you would need a secondary regulator too.

while there are tales of woe due to not using a proper pub gas primary, i was supplied a basic welders reg with the corny starter kit from a well known online brewshop.. and it worked/s fine.. the main issue afaik is the output pressure dial Grade not being ideal as each increment can represent 4-5psi which means its prety useless for setting a precise repeatable level going by the gauge.

a further T and some odd hardware to go from 3/8" jg to 1/4" bsp F will let u buy an ebay pressure gauge with a more friendly dial to fit i inline too, just ensure if u fit a secondary gauge you never open up the reg beyond its capacity to measure as u could damage it?

Latest posts

Back