Klarstein draft system

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems odd that one of the main points on their web page is that it doesn't need CO2 cartridges, but when you look at the instructions it says you have to attach 16g CO2 cartridges in the cartridge holder...:confused:

It also says the beer only lasts a week which is not much better than the keg on its own.

Seems odd that one of the main points on their web page is that it doesn't need CO2 cartridges, but when you look at the instructions it says you have to attach 16g CO2 cartridges in the cartridge holder...:confused:

It also says the beer only lasts a week which is not much better than the keg on its own.

These are 2 of the things I asked them to clarify.

I think we reached the conclusion on the mini keg thread that the £99.99 one used cartridges but the more expensive models didn't based on the instructions, but all the product descriptions say no cartridges.

These are 2 of the things I asked them to clarify.

I think we reached the conclusion on the mini keg thread that the �£99.99 one used cartridges but the more expensive models didn't based on the instructions, but all the product descriptions say no cartridges.

That's what I thought. I don't anything about drafting pints etc and systems but imght it be that the more expensive model is more like pulling it pumping whereas the cheaper uses cartridges? probably talking out of my ar*** here lol

FYI on the German website is the gold one more expensive and has CO2, the other one is cheaper and without CO2. A few reviewers for the non-CO2 said it was great but that the beer was getting stale after 3 days.

For the gold one, there were only two reviews and none of them said anything negative at all (despite only giving fours stars, so really should have given it 5).

FYI on the German website is the gold one more expensive and has CO2, the other one is cheaper and without CO2. A few reviewers for the non-CO2 said it was great but that the beer was getting stale after 3 days.

For the gold one, there were only two reviews and none of them said anything negative at all (despite only giving fours stars, so really should have given it 5).
Did it mention longevity in the CO2 machines? My other option is to get a Party Star and a counter top fridge but I think my wife would kill me if I did that!

Keep an eye on ebay, they generally appear advertised with little use as folk buy them and then find the off the shelf mini kegs full of beer sparse on the ground..
Look to pay £40 +pnp no more imho..

They work well enough there are a few makes n models but are all basically the same a good quality party tap and peltier cooler in one machine.

to use pop a keg in fit the tap, and turn on the chilling and leave it to sit n settle for 24 hours, then its a chilled mini keg dispenser just as expected..

Mine is a morphy richards branded jobby works a treat, the tap in mine has a small regulator knob allowing me to set the level of co2 used to serve, or even shut it off so a single bulb can be used over more than one keg ;)

well worth picking up an ebay bargain, but imho not worth the retail price for bundling a party tap and a peltier cooler into one box.

clatronic did a cheap version of the Klarstein, exactly the same thing. Got mixed reviews though, as some of them used up the CO2 way too quickly.

there is also a emerio or something which lets you set the cooling temperature, I think that's handy.

What model/name is your morphy richards?

looks like the German market offers many more. Might have to get one when I'm over there :D

BTW does anyone know how these Klarstein-type machines, that don't work with CO2 but with air pressure, how they actually work? Would they introduce any air into the beer?

Latest posts

Back