3kg Muntons LME £15@GEB

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyQul

Chairman of the Bored
Reaction score
3kg of Muntons LME at GeterBrewed if you just buy it normally is £36 but being a sneaky bugger I've noticed you can get 3kg of LME plus a pack of notty yeast for £15.31. Heres how:

Go on to the custom- craft- a- kit and select your 3kg of LME for £14. You get to choose from light, amber dark and wheat.

Then for bitterness option check 'none'. Then in the hops selection option check either willamette or zeus (as these dont cost anything). Yeast selection, choose lellemand nottingham (£1.30).For flavourings/spices and priming choose none.

This all works out to be £15.31.

Tbh, I cant work out whether this is a bug or something on their site as it says on the first page of the craft-a-kit

"Select 3kg of the worlds finest malt extract, no finer malt is available at any price"

when you select it only give you the option of clicking on one of the options. If you try to click on more than one the first tick disapears so I can only conclude 3kg of LME is £14

3kg of Muntons LME at GeterBrewed if you just buy it normally is £36 but being a sneaky bugger I've noticed you can get 3kg of LME plus a pack of notty yeast for £15.31. Heres how:

Go on to the custom- craft- a- kit and select your 3kg of LME for £14. You get to choose from light, amber dark and wheat.

Then for bitterness option check 'none'. Then in the hops selection option check either willamette or zeus (as these dont cost anything). Yeast selection, choose lellemand nottingham (£1.30).For flavourings/spices and priming choose none.

This all works out to be £15.31.

Tbh, I cant work out whether this is a bug or something on their site as it says on the first page of the craft-a-kit

"Select 3kg of the worlds finest malt extract, no finer malt is available at any price"

when you select it only give you the option of clicking on one of the options. If you try to click on more than one the first tick disapears so I can only conclude 3kg of LME is £14

3kg of LME is £18 at Geterbrewed, not £36...

Still, you've still found a way of saving £3 and getting some free hops and yeast thrown in for good measure!

3kg of LME is £18 at Geterbrewed, not £36...

Still, you've still found a way of saving £3 and getting some free hops and yeast thrown in for good measure!

:doh: Never was good at maths.

But I do like the look of their craft a kit's. I'm thinking of getting one to try out an experiment I've long been thinking about

:doh: Never was good at maths.

But I do like the look of their craft a kit's. I'm thinking of getting one to try out an experiment I've long been thinking about

I tried one for an experiment that went quite wrong! I wanted to replicate a Kernel India Porter I'd tasted and was quite taken with but I managed to ******** it right up. No fault of the ingredients, though I have to say I'll never use hop oils as a substitute for bittering hops in the boil again.

I always get my custom extract kits from The Homebrew Company:

http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/a-custom-build-full-extract-kit-23-litres-p-2644.html

This is really good value if you use lots of grain and the more expensive hop varieties in your recipes...

Why wouldn't you use isomerised hop extract for as a substitute for bittering addition

I think GEB, HBC and Malt miller are all getting in on the act for making kit/extract/AG kits now. My latest brew which is in the FV now, I bought the grains (already had hops) as a custom kit from GEB

Yeah, I ended up way underbittered. As I said, I think it was probably my own fault in my IBU selection, but I feel much more comfortable with putting bittering hops in the boil myself.

Latest posts

Back