TalkTalk and Post Office routers hit by cyber-attack

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just did speed test.

Download 7.79Mbps

Upload 0.66Mbps

YAY!! Got my new TalkTalk Super Router! (The "few days" turned into 25 of them!) :oops:

TalkTalk reckon they will be tweaking the device for the next ten days to improve the speed so I did a Speed Test immediately and ...

Download 6.52Mbps

Upload 0.80Mbps

So "You win some - you lose some!" is applying at the moment ... :doh:

... but with a few tweaks, who knows?

At least the Forum is performing as per normal with no sign of the "spinning disc". :thumb: :thumb:

my BT router must contain alien technology because the download speed was 51mbps and upload was over 20 that's with super duper all singing and dancing fibre

Dutto when i fist moved to TT asking for a line profile changes to try and get the best speed without the connection suffering was commonplace in the TT support forum, TT online support staff were happy to do this and if it failed they would at your request switch you back, i found this but do not know how old it is.

Hi Late8,

The 10 day period is set by Open Reach. The actual tranining may finish before this but will be comelpted no later than.

However during the training period after an SNR reset we cannot query fluctuations on the line with OEas these are to be expected.

As part of the SNR resent the IP profile might not need to change the SNR but find a more appropriate profile with the same SNR, it depends entireley on the line.

Regards

Mark
TalkTalk Online Community

Thanks for that. :thumb:

I will do another check after ten days ... :thumb:

... but if it's working okay for me (I remember when it used to take all night to send a document down to London from Aberdeen) I will just keep my head below the parapets! :whistle:

Couldn't be bothered to wait ten days so did a speed test tonight.

I have mixed feelings!

At the moment:

Download 7.37Mbps (UP by 0.85Mbps)

Upload 0.83Mbps (UP by 0.03Mbps)

"Mixed feelings" because it still seems to slow down after about 2am in the morning ...

... just like me! :thumb:

Hey ho! I may as well stay with TalkTalk and see if Skegness gets to be the centre of the Internet Universe during 2017! :whistle:

5849967465.png

Blimey, Chippy - are you sure this isn't super-fast fibre optic cable?? :lol:

Here's my test result :-( :-( :-( :-(

Screenshot from 2017-01-04 17:03:49.png

Blimey, Chippy - are you sure this isn't super-fast fibre optic cable??

Here's my test result

Its not fibre and i doubt i will get it when i am able as i have been told page loading times will not be any faster, have you got the router on the end of an phone extension or plugged directly into the master socket?

Couldn't be bothered to wait ten days so did a speed test tonight.

I have mixed feelings!

At the moment:

Download 7.37Mbps (UP by 0.85Mbps)

Upload 0.83Mbps (UP by 0.03Mbps)

"Mixed feelings" because it still seems to slow down after about 2am in the morning ...

... just like me! :thumb:

Hey ho! I may as well stay with TalkTalk and see if Skegness gets to be the centre of the Internet Universe during 2017! :whistle:

Are you still seeing the spinney thing you mentioned or has that improved?

Its not fibre and i doubt i will get it.

My comment was really meant as a bit of a joke, since my speeds are so poor! I do live out in (what most people would call) the middle of nowhere, and to be fair my speeds are normally 1-1.2 mb/s. This is a lot better than when I stayed on Skye, when I never, ever got over 1mb/s. You get used to it! :-?

My comment was really meant as a bit of a joke, since my speeds are so poor! I do live out in (what most people would call) the middle of nowhere, and to be fair my speeds are normally 1-1.2 mb/s. This is a lot better than when I stayed on Skye, when I never, ever got over 1mb/s. You get used to it! :-?

I am approx 1.5 miles from my exchange (straight line) so am pleased with my speed, it does fluctuate but rarely drops below 10.00Mb/s.

I mentioned the extension as a lot of customers do use them and it does make a difference to the speed.

Test just taken -

5937295638.png

Latest posts

Back