New years honours list

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godsdog

Landlord.
Reaction score
That time of year again when the rich and the privileged get their gongs,with the first one being leaked by the press.I give you the stick insect and the talentless Victoria Beckham who's been awarded an OBE.I really think nowadays its an honour to be left off it
So I congratulate myself again and raise a glass to my continuing failure

I'm very pleased to announce: I'm not on the new year's honours list either..! (My many talents are yet to be recognised)

Last edited:
FFS who really wants an award from an unelected parasite in anycase. Look how many paedos get them!

I assume everyone who accepts them every year and BTW the queen doesnt choose who gets an honour -

Does the Queen decide who gets an honour?

No. In line with the Monarch's other duties, she acts on the advice of her ministers, who present her with a list of nominees each year for her approval. The Monarch's power to decide disappeared in the 18th and 19th Century, as government by a cabinet of ministers headed by a prime minister developed.

So how do you get on to the list?

You have to be nominated. Anyone can nominate someone for an honour. Government departments also put forward candidates.
Private nominations, made by individuals or by representatives of organisations to the Cabinet Office, traditionally make up about a quarter of all recommendations.

Who sifts through and chooses recipients?

The nominations are divided into nine subject areas - the arts and media, health, the parliamentary and political service, education, science and technology, economy, community, voluntary and local services, sports and state - and assessed by committees comprising independent experts and senior civil servants.
Their assessments are passed to a selection committee that produces the list, independently of government, that is submitted to the Queen through the prime minister.

so we can't lay the blame of all the undeserving at Lizzy's door then

No and taking it further (not aimed at you GD) our views on whether someone is worthy are subjective, i was never a spice girl fan or thought Victoria Beckham was anything special but obviously she still has fans who think she is worthy, do i think she shouldn't get one just because i am not a fan, no.

Wife says I should have one for being a drunk and a fat idiot! I second that! Perhaps that Beckham bird is getting one for being thin...totally the wrong image to portray to kids...she should be force fed!

Cheers

Clint

That time of year again when the rich and the privileged get their gongs,with the first one being leaked by the press.I give you the stick insect and the talentless Victoria Beckham who's been awarded an OBE.I really think nowadays its an honour to be left off it
So I congratulate myself again and raise a glass to my continuing failure

Me too. :thumb: I was always taught that OBE stands for ...

Other
Bugger's
Efforts

I think paul weller told them where to put it

Andy Murray
Well deserved
Scotlands no 1 sportsman

Er... "No.1"?

I think you will find that the word you were searching for is "only". :whistle: :whistle:

PS

Every time I see Andy's Mum cheering him on I think of some graffiti seen on the back of a toilet door in my youth that said ...

"My mother made me a queer!"​
and underneath was written ...

"If I buy her the wool will she knit me one?"​

Er... "No.1"?

I think you will find that the word you were searching for is "only". :whistle: :whistle:

PS

Every time I see Andy's Mum cheering him on I think of some graffiti seen on the back of a toilet door in my youth that said ...

"My mother made me a queer!"​
and underneath was written ...

"If I buy her the wool will she knit me one?"​

Ok Britains no1
He usually is until he is knocked out of a tournament,then he suddenly becomes Scottish again :whistle:

His mum is an absolute pest though,an embarrassment to her two sons ,she gets more press than Andy and Jamie put together,she pops up at everything.

Latest posts

Back