New Year Resolutions.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't normally bother but this year i am going to try to cut down the amount i drink, making you own is great but having an almost endless amount of it in the house makes it too easy to grab a bottle and i know i drink more than i should.

Stop letting work get on my nerves...I work in a factory for Christ's sake. ..just go there press the buttons come home forget about it!
Keep up my fitness regime.
Declutter. .garage first so I can get some brew fridges in and set up some storage.
Then the house....we've got loads of stuff in cupboards that isn't used...get rid!
Generally chill out..

Cheers

Clint

don't make too much brews!!!
gets an addiction!!!
would mind if I drink? but the only thing is my stock at least get aged:whistle:
might do 10L batch every 2 weeks or so!!!!
might not! knowing me....
start drinking! theres a fact somewhere that stout can be good for patients.....
might have bottle a day....then my stock will be going down and I can carry on with my addictive hobby:mrgreen:

I didn't make any resolutions but I think this is the year to get back to being me, get my fitness back, start brewing all grain, grow my own chilli's and then make my own chilli sauce, start welding again and maybe start making sculptures etc

Just a few ideas - I wish you all a merry christamas and a happy new year

Good luck in all that you do

Agree...should always make time for things you WANT to do..it's not a rehearsal..
I will add...more fishing to my list.

Cheers

Clint

Then the house....we've got loads of stuff in cupboards that isn't used...get rid!

Same here, that's a job i seem to put off from month to month.

Agree...should always make time for things you WANT to do..it's not a rehearsal..

I will add...more fishing to my list.

Cheers

Clint

Good advice !

I'm going to try spending less time at work and more time at home doing stuff I want to do. Work takes over too much !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Declutter garage, get brew fridge up & running, brew better quality beer.
That will do for one yeaar.......

Perhaps we should have a big jumble sale of all our crappage ...then convert the proceeds to brewing shiny. ...
Another blinding idea!

Cheers

Clint

Im not a "beardy, weiredy" but Im going to take more notice of my carbon footprint, re-cycling, re-use, reduce... etc.
Ive always been careful about things like this and a few weeks back I read a article somewhere that if everyone in the world turned their heating down by 1oC it would not put xxx millions of tonnes of Co2 into the atmosphere.

none myself but I do need to have 2/3 days off the amber nectar a week so I will heroically try.as for my promise to myself to go all grain after a disasterous ebay purchase of an induction hob ive decided to stay kit as ive found my perfect kit and dry hop combination after nearly 45 years that I will happily brew and drink until my toes curl up,hopefully in at least 20 odd years from now:drink:

none myself but I do need to have 2/3 days off the amber nectar a week so I will heroically try.as for my promise to myself to go all grain after a disasterous ebay purchase of an induction hob ive decided to stay kit as ive found my perfect kit and dry hop combination after nearly 45 years that I will happily brew and drink until my toes curl up,hopefully in at least 20 odd years from now:drink:

nowt wrong with sticking with what you love to drink. I have a few fav recipes which I go back to although I do mix in with the occasional experiment just in case I come across something even nicer, but as you hone brews to your preferences the chances of an amazing surprise become less :-?

I hereby pledge to drink no more than one litre of beer per day during 2017 unless:

o We have visitors or are visiting friends.

o I am involved in an activity that makes it "Not an ordinary day."

This may look easy to some members of the Forum ... :thumb:

... but for me it definitely isn't going to be a walk in the park! :doh: :doh:

At the moment I weigh a mere 117kg (18st 6lbs or 258lbs) and by the end of the year I want to weigh a bit less. :thumb: :thumb:

Build myself a kegerator/beer on tap fridge. In a weird way I think it will help me drink less. While taking up less room with bottles, and the beer is so much better.

I think that's a resolution?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im not a "beardy, weiredy" but Im going to take more notice of my carbon footprint, re-cycling, re-use, reduce... etc.
Ive always been careful about things like this and a few weeks back I read a article somewhere that if everyone in the world turned their heating down by 1oC it would not put xxx millions of tonnes of Co2 into the atmosphere.
Been doing that for a while with the latest one refurbishing an old set of bunk beds that had been purchased in the 70's by my father in law and now being adored by my two boys who couldn't wait to use them on Christmas Eve.I have now taken there old single beds and started stripping them down to reuse the wood.

IMG_20161222_202405.jpg

IMG_20161223_133726.jpg

IMG_20170101_193130.jpg

Nice job, I used to have bunk beds, the trick is to get the bottom bunk, hot air rises :lol:

Latest posts

Back