Brew belt no plug

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsl2000

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've bought a brew belt off ebay, cheap as chips, but it has no plug. Anybody know how to wire it up.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I've bought a brew belt off ebay, cheap as chips, but it has no plug. Anybody know how to wire it up.

If it has 2 wires it has no earth
If it has 3 then depending on how old it is the colours of the wires may be different so a pic would help ta

just wire it like a normal plug as its a element no need to worry about polarity , the reason it comes with out a plug is that most brewers use something like a stc-1000, because with out one the belt will just slowly keep heating up your FV.

I've got an inkbird hence the need for a plug.

And thankyou

I bought a plug for my free fridge today as it had been taken off. Screwfix for 87p for a standard UK 3 pin plug or £1.53 for what they call a "tough" plug. Cheapest I could find.

Thanks for the advice. I nabbed a plug off a lamp and used that.

Now I need to know where do I position the brew belt and temp sensor. Obviously not too near each other.

Thanks for the advice. I nabbed a plug off a lamp and used that.

Now I need to know where do I position the brew belt and temp sensor. Obviously not too near each other.

I have my brew belt near the bottom and temp sensor near the top under a layer of polystyrene.

Latest posts

Back