Scotland

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackdouglas

Reaction score
Hi I'm a novice brewer and I joined here to get some advice from more experienced people.

1st brew- Woodforde's Norflok Wherry
2nd brew- Cooper's Australian Real Ale + Brew Enhancer 2 (just started)

kev said:
Hi!

Where in Scotland are you? I'm Fife.

K

I live in the burgh. From the south west (hillbilly country)

Hoping to make it across the bridge on my bike sometime this summer.

:drink:

blackdouglas said:
kev said:
Hi!

Where in Scotland are you? I'm Fife.

K

I live in the burgh. From the south west (hillbilly country)

Hoping to make it across the bridge on my bike sometime this summer.

:drink:

Ahhhhh. A biker.

Push bike or motor?

K

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Get yourself along to Edina for a chat - and look up the Scottish Craft Brewers - regular (ish) meetings in Edinburgh, and all very helpfull :thumb:

BigYin said:
Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Get yourself along to Edina for a chat - and look up the Scottish Craft Brewers - regular (ish) meetings in Edinburgh, and all very helpfull :thumb:

Cheers. :cheers: Edina is where I bought my kit a year and a half a go. Been lazy and skint and this is now only my second brew. Alba is closer to where I live and to be honest I found the guy in the shop very helpful and forthcoming with lots of good advice and tips, not that Edina weren't helpful, but the guy in Alba let me pick his brains on a number of points for little more than the price of a kilo of sugar. Edina also sold me a basic kit for >£70 (inc. beer) minus a hydrometer. Picked one up in Tesco the other day for less than the cost of a dinner and now finding I have a much better idea of exactly when to barrel it. Both great local shops though, and I'd rather spend my money in either of them than Tesco, but at the moment tesco has a spanking deal on kits and this is partly the reason why I have decided to start another brew because I'm a bit skint really. Once I get my planned barrel/bottles rotation system going then it will save me money and then I will buy my next kit from the local shop for local people, unless tesco no longer have this deal on.

Glad Alba could help :cheers:

If you get on well with kits, you'd be amazed how little it can cost to get a very basic all grain setup going, and then your beer costs really drop :thumb: Estimate my beers currently cost between 16p and 20p a pint :mrgreen:

BigYin said:
Glad Alba could help :cheers:

If you get on well with kits, you'd be amazed how little it can cost to get a very basic all grain setup going, and then your beer costs really drop :thumb: Estimate my beers currently cost between 16p and 20p a pint :mrgreen:

That's pretty cheap, well done for successfully managing to completely circumvent the tax laws. Looking forward to also taking some of the strain off my wallet, although having such an abundance of free ale at my disposal could risk turning me into a monster. According to Sturgeon's Theory, if beer becomes that cheap for me I could end up swallowing up to 1.3 barrels of ale/week :?

Back