Muntons 15 Bottle Fermenter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wimberry

Reaction score
Hi there,
Anyone out there got one of the new 15 bottle (2 1/2 gal) fermenters, mine is a Muntons branded one, it was a bit pricey at £32 but it's a joy to use and the 15bottle size is just right, I've got a apple/grape/pineapple juice WOW type going in it now (recipe below).
They are selling these now in Wilkinsons with a starter kit for £70, bit steep that eh ?.

There is one thing about it though, it is fitted with a tap on the bottom and although it has a bit of a filter on it I think it will drag the sediment out first if you were to use it for racking, anyone out there had this happen ?

Recipe for 2 1/2 gallon (12 Litres)
2L Morrisons pressed white grape juice
2L Lidl budget apple juice (from concentrate)
1L Lidl "Vitafit" pineapple juice (from concentrate)
2038g sugar
2 tsp pectolase, yeast etc

This should make a dry wine with a strength of around 12 1/2 % (SG using above juices 1095)

All the Best
Wimberry

Hi, I know this is an old post but hoping you might still be about, I have one of these fermenters but there is little advice on how to use it. Do you just use this or do you transfer it to something else at one of the stages? You seem to be the only other person who has one. Did you get good results? Many thanks

Hi, I too have one of these. I'm new to the game but have just started 2x 6 bottle kits in it. So far, found it simple to use & it looks v neat. Wine is fermenting nicely! :cheers:

Latest posts

Back