Coopers Ox-bar Plastic Bottles 500ml

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely fine so far. I've had ciders and a ginger beer in them since may and they're still superb.

Haven't put beer in one yet though...

Ok,Coopers suggest that they condition the beer over time better than glass bottles..

probably better just cos u wont drop and shatter any because lets face it theres always a point where the need for beer overwhelmes our ability to get beer from the shed/fridge :lol:
Also seem to be gd a step up from pop bottles and are very usable in my exp

alank950 said:
Ok,Coopers suggest that they condition the beer over time better than glass bottles..

Marketing b*****ks. Probably just as good, don't look or feel as nice though...

They're great! No problems so far reusing the same ones for the past year.

I'm keen - no chance of bottle bombs or any of the odd things that can happen to glass, lightweight so easy to store/lug around. Cheap too.

Not as nice as drinking from glass, but I guess most people are pouring into glasses to avoid rousing the sediment in the bottles, so not an issue really.

I also find the nobbly bits at the bottom of the plastic ones are good for catching yeast – sediment seems to stay packed into them more, giving me a slightly clearer beer than I get with glass.

Latest posts

Back