Anyone make small batches, 20 pints?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxhound

Reaction score
Hi All

I like to try new recipes and originally brewed 40 pints as that is the size of most everyday barrels. But after several not so good brews I tried 20 pint brews for new recipies only, using bottles instead of a barrel. But bottles are a pain having to clean prime and cap every one. So the question is does anyone put 20 pints into a 40 pint barrel? If so I guess you'd need to put extra priming in to fill up with C02? Would that work?

Cheers :cheers:

I am new to home brewing but just Kegged 24 pints of bitter in 5gallon pressure barrel, adding 44g of demerera sugar, I'll let you know how it goes!

Not yet is my answer. You could always get a pressure barrel with the CO2 cartridges and top up the CO2

Thanks SV-Ale, Ale and clibit. All three answers are very helpful. I'll be very interested to know how SV-Ale gets on :cheers:. Cheers

You can also get 5 litre mini kegs like the ones you can buy beer in. And you can refill those too. I do 10 litre batches but only bottles so far. Might try a small barrel or mini kegs.

Latest posts

Back