My current Kitchen setup

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klemay83

Reaction score
Thought i would upload this whilst ive got the boil on and SWMBO is sitting on the couch complaining that "the whole house stinks of beer".

here's a couple of picture of my AG kitchen setup.

it shad a couple of minor tweeks since i first started brewing AG a couple of years ago.

18L SS stock pot (bout off ebay) HLT/Boiler
1 32L food grade bucket with snap shut lid (Amazon) - Mashtun
1 6" SS bazooka filter (ebay)- Mashtun
1 1/2" BSP ball tap valve (ebay) - Mashtun
1 23L plastick foodgrade bucket (Amazon) - to decant wort into from mashtun
1 digital thermometer (ebay)

To insulate the Mashtun i made up my own thermo jacket using heavy duty bubblewrap, heavy duty tinfoil and spray glue. i also used a thermo windshield protector which i cut up and made a cover for the lid.

my hop spider is made from a little round cake tin from TKmaxx (£2) a large hose clip (ebay) and 3 120mm bolts with nuts.

the hop spider works a treat and cost less than a fiver.

All in my whole set up costs about £60 max and has a much better workflow and is much tidier than when i started.

pics to follow

pics uploaded

18624846_10211844394761816_532649234_n.jpg

18643669_10211844391321730_485713859_n.jpg

18643911_10211844393801792_405277176_n.jpg

Keep trying with the pics. There is a thread to tell you how to do it somewhere.

My missus left me, and I love the smells as I brew - the maltiness of the mash, roasty flavours coming through in the boil, then of course the hop aroma!

My son is only 11 so doesn't appreciate beer, but he doesn't complain - though I try to work my brew days into when he has a party or sleepover to reduce distractions.

that's look like my set up when I first started all grain
now I got a ace microbrewery which is a lot easier for me
also cleaner which keeps swmbo so she happy then I am :rofl:
she likes the smells from me making the beer
she say it smells like she been baking cakes which she don't do :whistle:

My set up is actually pretty clean, there's a bit of water spillage here and there. because the the sink and cooker and kettle is on on the same workbench area there is very little moving stuff about.

Oh, unfortunatelly, I can't open the pics you've attached... I wish I could see your kitchen setup.

get a ace system not so much stuff hanging around the kitchen
and also all that stuff that will need cleaned at the end of brewing gone
not only that it keeps swmbo happy
also I found it cut down on cost for water used and gas electric used
which is one more thing swmbo will be happy about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back